DXCC Country List Missing Countries

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
Lawson
New user

Post by Lawson »

I have the latest Winlog32 program and prefix database. When I pull up KH8SI Swains Is. in the main window it indicates Swains Is. correctly. However, if I go to the DXCC database edit and look for Swains Is. listing, it is missing. Ditto for TO5FJ St. Barthelemy.

Do I have to manually edit this DXCC country list?

Does the prefix database not update this list?

73, N5ATT
VK6CJL
New user

Post by VK6CJL »

Just a thought..
When Winlog is running go to File open then click on Latest updates then connect
it should update automatically .
I have just done it as my Prefix database was out of date and all has come A OK
with the ones you have posted

73 de Les VK6CJL
Perth W.A.
After the update CLOSE Winlog then restart all should be OK

Edited by - vk6cjl on 28/02/2008 08:56:12 AM
Lawson
New user

Post by Lawson »

OK, this is starting to get more frustrating!!

I have already installed all the update by using the "Latest Updates" item. When I click the "Database", "DXCC", "Edit" items and get to the DXCC database, the left-hand (yellow area) shows 337 countries. St. Barthelemy is NOT listed.

On the main entry page, whenever I call up TO5FJ, the program gives an error that there is no entity code.

I reloaded the the prefix database and I started getting program errors when the program is started. I reloaded the Winlog program because one of the errors said that the prefix database tpl was missing.

Things went from bad to worse then!!

Now I get 3 errors when I call up Winlog:
3265 Item not found in this collection.
OK
Version 2 prefix database updating to version 3
OK
PFX.TPL file missing - re-install Winlog32 to replace missing file.
OK

Reloading Winlog32 doesn't solve the problem. I'm about ready to uninstall the program and start all over from scratch, but really don't want to do that if I don't have to.

HELP!!

73, N5ATT
Lawson
New user

Post by Lawson »

Finally got it fixed. Had to use Windows Explorer to manually copy the files in the Data folder and the TPL folder from a working computer to this one. Maybe not the most elegant way to do things, but it works now.

73, N5ATT
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Lawson

Sorry to hear of the trouble you had regarding updating the DXCC database.

There was some significant changes between v3 and v4 and problems such as mentioned relate to the differences - the software will automatically update to the newer version of the DXCC and Prefix database but ocasionally this doesn't work out
It is possible to update the DXCC database manually but you need to add the correct entity "Country" code
The correct way is to use Menu/File/Maintenance - Update DXCC Database (this function updates the Prefix database too)
One of the principal problems is that when new entities are announced by ARRL - they do not release the entity code until some months later - the Prefix and DXCC database rely on this code to inter-relate and function (as does ADIF import/export) - the only solution is for me to add an abitary one and hope that both ARRL and ADIF Specs. will choose the same - unfortunately it didn't always happen that way and now there are differences between ADIF Country codes and ARRL DXCC Country codes for recently added entities.

Deleting "Prefix.MDB" from the \DATA folder and re-installing Winlog32 over the top of the existing installation will replace the missing file prefix file and may solve many of related problems if the above doesn't work.

I mention this in case anyone else has similar problems, but if every thing is now OK - leave as-is.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author