Help Re: Importing a saved log

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
hmcarthur
New user

Post by hmcarthur »

Summary: Computer crashed...had saved four .LOG files, for instance, MIX.LOG, to an external drive.

Now when I installed a fully new version of WL32 I made a new log called "MIX" and tried to import what I had saved......it says the file in not a ADI file and won't import it.

Help someone, years of work could be down the tubes here if I'm not careful!!!

KJ4PW Mac
OZ2HT
New user

Post by OZ2HT »

Hi,
I guess you have made the "backup" from Winlog ...

You can just copy your "saved backup files" into your new "Winlog/LOGS" , and it will work again.

Vy 73 de jorn
hmcarthur
New user

Post by hmcarthur »

quote:
Hi,

You can just copy your "saved backup files" into your new "Winlog/LOGS" , and it will work again.

Vy 73 de jorn
hmcarthur
New user

Post by hmcarthur »

quote:
Thank you so much for your help OZ2HT, I took your advice and copied everything I had in the backup file over to the new log file ........IT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I can't tell you how appreciative I am for your time and advice......I had a lot of hours invested in the data and I was really concerned when I could not "IMPORT" the information.

I've done something wrong but I don't know what.......I'm going to do my backups into a new file now I will guard the new data with diligence!!!!!!!

I love WinLog32.......I use it for calling nets as well as tracking "normal" sorts of things. It is a wonderful tool for me and I only look forward to the day I will understand more about how to use it.

Thanks again for your assistance KJ4PW Dr. HL Mc

Hi,

Vy 73 de jorn
OZ2HT
New user

Post by OZ2HT »

NP , my pleasure !
I agree with you ... it is not only a very fine program with all I need ... it also looks just great ! :-)
The HELP is very usefull , and will give "allmost" all ansers.
I have send you a email with a Photo off my screen (Winlog32)

Vy 73 de jorn
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Jorn - again thanks for helping out on the Forum, one of my email addresses was down for a while and I am having some difficulty logging onto Forum at times

I am not always available here, but remember guys you can email me anytime I will try and help directly - you do NOT have to be a registered user to get help from me! I'm glad to help anyone where I can but if I am not around there are some expert Winlog'ers on here who surely can.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
OZ2HT
New user

Post by OZ2HT »

NP Colin !
Yes , I allso have some days ,where I can´t get on the FORUM ... Everything else is "First Click" :-)

Vy 73 de jorn