FISTS

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
grahams
New user

FISTS

Post by grahams »

Hi All does anyone where I could get a third party Fists database from?

73's De Graham G1RNZ
M0PCB Iain
New user

FISTS

Post by M0PCB Iain »

There is mention of one in the help file, but I've not been able to track down any other info on it. It'd be quite nice to get it set-up, I might keep better track of FISTS I've worked then! hehe...

Cheers,

Iain M0PCB

73, Iain M0PCB/M1ETJ
grahams
New user

FISTS

Post by grahams »

Hi IAin I have tried to create a FISTS USER DATABASE for a Friend but I can't get it to work I am sure something has changed with Winlog32

quote:
There is mention of one in the help file, but I've not been able to track down any other info on it. It'd be quite nice to get it set-up, I might keep better track of FISTS I've worked then! hehe...

Cheers,

Iain M0PCB

73, Iain M0PCB/M1ETJ

73's De Graham G1RNZ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

FISTS

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Graham

The user database facility still works, it does require a firm understanding of what is involved though.

Please outline your actual problems.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
grahams
New user

FISTS

Post by grahams »

Hi Colin and thanks. I have now got to grips with it. as you say it is a matter of understanding it and I now have it working. I may have a FISTS database for others to use I need to Check the data first to make sure it is right.

quote:
Hi Graham

The user database facility still works, it does require a firm understanding of what is involved though.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author

73's De Graham G1RNZ
K6DF
New user

FISTS

Post by K6DF »

Hi Graham,

How did you get the FISTS database working with the Winlog32 and where did you find the FISTS database information?

Tnx & 73 de Dennis K6DF
===========================quote:
Hi Colin and thanks. I have now got to grips with it. as you say it is a matter of understanding it and I now have it working. I may have a FISTS database for others to use I need to Check the data first to make sure it is right.

quote:
Hi Graham

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author

73's De Graham G1RNZ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

FISTS

Post by G0CUZ »

The FISTS list that Winloog32 will interact with is a text based list, one (official?) copy of which I used to develop the look-up routines, and I guess is quite out of date now, it is headed "Fists Email Listing - May 2001".
The list is composed of four columns of text; Callsign; Name; Number; email address. The file is NOT distributed with Winlog32.

Winlog will search through the list and display the information against the FISTS number entered (see help file), the 'Fists.lst' file should be added to the Winlog32\DATA folder.
Sorry but I have no idea where you get the file from, but guess it may be available to members at least.

Please note that this is NOT a database that can be written to, so it can not hold QSO details etc, but acts more in the manner of a 'callbook'.

If anyone out there is a FISTS member, maybe you can shed more light on the origins or whereabouts of the official 'fists.lst' file.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
JE1TRV
New user

FISTS

Post by JE1TRV »

Dear Colin
I downloaded your great logging program just fewday ago.
I've been reading and testing the basic function.
I'm almost about to make registration if this issue is cleared.

The FISTS member list txt file is shown here;
http://www.fists.org/06302009_text%20fi ... 0FISTS.txt
I downloaded and saved it as file name of "fists.lst" into Winlog32\DATA folder.

Please tell me what sahll I do next to activate this file when I enter a callsign in LOG entry window and look up the member list correctly.

Thank you in advance
vy 73,
Atsu JE1TRV

Atsu
G0CUZ
Site Admin

FISTS

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Atsu

It has been such a long time since I implemented the Fists lookup in Winlog32, the availablility of a current up-to-date list has been a problem since that time, as you can see from posts on this thread.

I think the format of the list in the link has changed from what was originally availanble, I downloaded it and tried myself - although Winlog32 does recognise the file it does not appear to be working correctly
I expect the format is different from the original file that I worked with about 8 years ago!
The Fists option appears in menu/Database when the file is added to the \DATA folder, the file MUST be called 'Fists.lst', and Winlog32 may need restarting for the option to appear in the database list of options.

Next coding session with Winlog32, I will look at original look-up procedures to see where the difference is with this new file, it may be possible to reformat the current list, or change the look-up procedure in Winlog32.

I am not sure of the ownership or copyrights of the Fists list, so I am not sure who to approach, in any case as already stated the list is not distributed with Winlog32, but if an 'official' list is available for general use, I will revise the look-up procedure in Winlog32 to the appropriate format, otherwise I will leave the re-formatting of any available list to to those who want to use it with Winlog32 - thus keeping the original file structure look-up.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
JE1TRV
New user

FISTS

Post by JE1TRV »

Hi Colin
Thank you for kind reply.
Yes!! It works!
As far as I tested, there seems no restriction on the list format.
Not only comma separator but also space (tab) separated data is also workable.
I guess the rule of the list data is
only to write Callsign first then return per each data. That's it.

e.g.
JE1TRV,Atsu,Tokyo,FISTS#7763
or
JE1TRV Atsu Tokyo FISTS#7763

Both OKay.

Thank you for nice function, Colin!

If possible, I'd like to combine other club's member list and in that case some callsigns are duplicated since they are member of other clubs too.
In that case, not only first matched line but also later matched line should be indicated when the callsign is matched.
I hope such function will be incorporated in the future version if possible.

I decided to register Winlog32.
vy 73, Atsu JE1TRV

Atsu