Deleting an entry

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
onl5923
New user

Deleting an entry

Post by onl5923 »

Hi Colin,

When an entry is wrong you can alter it in the log window itself. But the “faulse” entry is still in the log database. According to the help manual deleting this entry can be done manually.

My question is: how can this be done without causing too much havoc??

Tnx,

Peter, ONL5923/ON3WAB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Deleting an entry

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Peter

A QSO can be deleted from the log by positioning the log at the QSO you want to delete.
Click on the toolbar 'Delete QSO' 'X' button - (third from left), you will get a prompt to delete or cancel. The QSO is permanently deleted from the log database, if you have the QSO added to one of the ancillary database (DXCC etc) then you will need to delete it from that database too as this is not automatic.

To delete a QSO from one of the other databases, select the QSO with mouse cursor. Click on the left-most column - the grey one with the '->' pointer to highlight the complete line, then use keyboard Delete key.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
onl5923
New user

Deleting an entry

Post by onl5923 »

Tnx Colin
WA5KGW
New user

Deleting an entry

Post by WA5KGW »

Colin - I am having a problem I've had before, which I think was solved through the users forum before, but I guess I have since forgotten how it is supposed to be done. Please see your 9/1/2006 message in this thread, about having to delete a QSO manually from databases (like the DXCC database).

I mis-typed a QSO with XE1NW as XW1NW (maybe subconscious "wishful thinking" !!). Got the QSO deleted from the log with no trouble at all. But, I'm going mad trying to get it out of the DXCC database. I use Database menu, DXCC, Edit to open the database, and I see the countries list on the left, and my QSO list (by band-mode combo) in the rest of the screen. When this screen opens, the first country name in the DXCC list (Afghanistan) is automatically pointed-to and highlighted. Even if I scroll down the QSO list to my bogus Laos QSO and left-click in its gray box to highlight the whole QSO record, Afghanistan remains highlighted in the DXCC list. That really didn't bother me until I used the keyboard delete key (intending to delete the bogus Laos QSO), and it was Afghanistan that got deleted from the DXCC list. I canceled that deletion so my DXCC list is still good. But, I cannot find a way to delete the QSO. Please save me from my fits of ignorance!! Thanks and 73.

John - WA5KGW

John
WA5KGW
New user

Deleting an entry

Post by WA5KGW »

Colin - - I found my fix - - it was in my 22/12/2004 (3:54 am) post to the topic "Fixing Errors in DXCC Database":

"...(1) click on the leftmost column of the QSO to first highlight the QSO, then (2) click on the next field in the QSO (which still retains the highlighting on the QSO) before striking the delete key. At least on my PC, both of these steps maust be followed before using the delete key."

I tried that again and it does indeed work correctly. Sorry for previous message in this thread.

John
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Deleting an entry

Post by G0CUZ »

OK, john

Glad you sussed it.

I find the best way is to click on the DXCC (left column), this will select you QSO's with that entity.
Now click on the QSO to be deleted (right list) but not the grey 'pointer' - this will relieve the previous highlight from the DXCC name on the left list, now click on the left 'pointer' row of the QSO to be deleted and you get the required results when pressing the delete key, but either way as long as the highlight is removed from the left DXCC 'entity' list should be OK.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author