speedlog and version 2.5

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
va3zc
New user

speedlog and version 2.5

Post by va3zc »

I just upgraded to ver.2.5 and can't get the autoadd (country) to add when I have Speedlog or Superspeed running. With those off I can hit return several times to get to user where the country is automatically entered. Is this a new feature or am I missing something?
Thanks.
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

speedlog and version 2.5

Post by DL4KG »

I think it´s normal to skip the autoadd while running in a contest. It will cost time if you have to hit the enter button to accept the update of the DXCC database during speed logging.
I suggest to run the log check robot after the contest to update your databases.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
va3zc
New user

speedlog and version 2.5

Post by va3zc »

Just to add a bit to my earlier post, if I have either "speed log" or "superspeed" checked then I cannot enter any data below "remarks" because the qso is already logged. I used to always have "speed log" and "auto 5/9" on. I would enter the call sign, hit return and it would take me to Remarks. I would then enter a name and qth then hit enter and it would go to user where the country was automatically inserted, then I hit enter (qslin), then I hit enter(qslout) then I hit enter (end) and enter one more time to get it to add the qso to the log. The Help files states that only "Date/Time/Band/Mode/DBW" are added with "speedlog" so why can't I enter anything after Remarks.
Thanks.
Paul VA3ZC
G0CUZ
Site Admin

speedlog and version 2.5

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Paul

Some changes were made to v2.4 onwards, in particular was the interaction of the ENTER and TAB key.

It is normal for some fields and functions to be skiped with the Speedlog options, however you can now bypass the speed options (or any other function) by using the TAB key to move to the next field this will not fire these functions.

A combinaton of ENTER/TAB key presses will enable you to navigate through the log fields effectively.

NO Functions are fired when using TAB.

If you need the full function and field set from Winlog32 (as it would seem) then I would recommend that you do not using any of the Speed logging options as that really defeats the purpose of these functions.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
va3zc
New user

speedlog and version 2.5

Post by va3zc »

Thanks Colin for your reply. I think I understand now. I'm wondering though if autoadd ("country" in my case) used to be automatically entered into the user field with speedlog on or was it all a dream?
Regards,
Paul VA3ZC