need to delete and re install

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
AG4ZN
New user

Post by AG4ZN »

I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP. I INSTALLED WINLOG ON WINDOWS ZP. MY COMPUTER SAYS IT CANT FIND FILE BUT THE ICOM IS ON DESKTOP. I WENT TO UNINSTALL PROGRAMS TAB AND WINLOG 32 IS THERE. I CLICKED TO REMOVE IT AND IT WONT. IT SAYS CANT UNINSTALL CANT FIND FILE. CAN SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO REMOVE THIS PROGRAM FROM THE UNINSTALL WIZZARD. THANKS RICH
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi,

have you tried to find the solution in Windows XP relatd forums? It seems that your problem is not a WL32 problem.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
VK3BZ (ex VK3EUL)
New user

Post by VK3BZ (ex VK3EUL) »

Hi

If all else fails, use system restore to before you installed Winlog.

Jeff
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Rich

You should have a file in your Winlog32 folder called "unins000.exe"
You can run this file and it should un-install Winlog32 and unregister all DLL components used by Winlog32

If you have already deleted the Winlog32 folder manually then you will not be able to un-install the registered components.

All files and folders may not be removed, only those actually installed by the original Winlog32 installer so other files added at runtime will have to be removed (deleted) manually from the hard drive if this is required. e.g. Log databases etc.

If your plan is to re-install Winlog32 remember to back-up securely all your user files first, especially your Log Databases!! you should also export your Log in ADIF for additional safety if you want to use the QSO data in another Log program.

Floppy disks are not very reliable, so make sure you have a couple of copies and/or use CD media, better safe than sorry.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author