Database Solar

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Database Solar

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Guys

It may be that when the SFI has dropped below 100 it is not catching the SFI spots? you should be able to intercept both WCY and WWW formats with both options enabled.

Was just looking into this problem and see that the WWV data was below 100 e.g. two digits and looks as though this may be the problem although I'm not sure at this time, but will try some changes and observer the results.
Thanks for picking up on this one.

Incidentally you can Add to or Edit the Solar database by opening the Solar window and clicking on the toolbar icon "Switch" (leftmost) which switches between the database view and graphs view.
Add or Edit the data in the normal manner, not sure if I put error checking in for manually entry so take care.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Database Solar

Post by G0CUZ »

'Addum' to Les previous remarks about the strange action of the Month Selector buttons.

The action you mention was planned but you should be able to select any month range for any single year but the months must fall within the same year, this means you can NOT graph from Novemeber 2003 to February 2004 (example).

Lower Month can not become greater than Higher Month and Higher Month can not become lesser thn Lower Month so this behavious is correct to prevent it.

Hope that explains

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
VK6CJL
New user

Database Solar

Post by VK6CJL »

Hi Colin,
Yes understood on the month selector..
Going back through the SFI I have noticed that when the SFI drops below
100 that is when the SFI does not record.

73 de Les VK6CJL
Perth W.A.

Further on SFI

I'm not sure if this in any way related but it seems when the OH2AQ WWV
site colappses (?? Need Spell Checker )Which it it done on the 25/01/04
or rather no details published on the 26th that is when no SFI details were
listed with WL32 ( I can't see how this would effect the SFI in WL32 as I'm sure the WWV source is usually Direct from the cluster server in which you are connected) BUT it is a thought as I have noted that when OH2AQ goes down There are no more spots ...???? on all previous missing data.

Edited by - vk6cjl on 01/02/2004 10:39:06 AM
GU6EFB
Keen user

Database Solar

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi

As I run the GB7DXG cluster here in guernsey and use winlog as my main log
I thought I would run some WWV WCY tests.

Colin would seem to be right. Any SFI number 100 and up is recored ok. 99 and below is not. Would seem that its a small prob with the solar database or the collection method.

Hope this helps

73 Keith GU6EFB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Database Solar

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi

Yes it was a small problem in the SFI checking, overlooked in the days when when we had some decent Sun Spots, problem fixed in the v2.5 test version I'm testing/running.
Sub 100 SFI don't help us HF'ers/VHF'ers though! No room for LF antenna here.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author