Keyboard Hangs

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
Ricardo
New user

Keyboard Hangs

Post by Ricardo »

Hi all, let me introduce, Name is Ricardo and recently aquiered Winlog32, Call is CU2AAV!
Already sent a e-mail to Colin about this, but I would like to know if anyone else had or has the same problem!
I have Windows 2000 pro in my PC - PIII800Mhz
I have tried several versions of winlog32, and finaly decided to register myself, because I think its a well designed Software, clean and simple and functional...
Ok here is the problem, My Keyboard sometimes only when I am introducing Data QSO on the input fields, hangs, first shuts down the "NUM LOCK" Led, and then hangs, not responding to anything else, the only thing I can do is shut down the programs with the mouse and restart the PC after that everything gets back to normal, but again after a few QSO input it happens again!
Is this happening to anybody out here!

73 de Ricardo
CU2AAV
rhw2
New user

Keyboard Hangs

Post by rhw2 »

Hi Ricardo.

This sounds like you need one of the Critical Updates from Microsoft's Windows Update site. If memory serves me correctly, there's a bug that affects 2000 if one fills in too many text boxes in quick succession, and that's something that WinLog32 does constantly.

In Internet Explorer, click on the "Tools" menu, then on the "Windows Update" option and it'll take you to that site. I'd recommend that you start by installing any service packs that are outstanding, then install any remaining critical updates. That will fix most of the important bugs.

Best wishes from Riley G7GOD / KB8PPG
Ricardo
New user

Keyboard Hangs

Post by Ricardo »

Hi Riley, thanks for your support...
Sorry I havent replyed sooner, I havent had much time for internet lately, anyway I want to tell you that Colin already payd me assistence and the problem is resolved, everything seams to be working well now!

Thanks for your tip
beste wishes de CU2AAV
Ricardo

73 de Ricardo
CU2AAV
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Keyboard Hangs

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi all

Just to say that after working with Ricardo on this one, I think I have solved this particular keyboard problem with W2K, if anyone else encounters the same problem with v1.9 or any earlier version on W2K please ask me for the fix.

Others please wait for v2 with the revised code therin.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author