Auto Check Problems (Databases)

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
m3tdc
New user

Post by m3tdc »

Hi all.

Require a little help please.
I have everything in the databases section on Auto Check. However there are many occassions when i have contacted a country say England and the DXCC check automaticall adds this to the database and may say New DXCC Contacted.

This is a fine. Problem is that i may again have another contact in England on the same frequency, the same mode etc etc and again it will want to add this to the database.

Then when i go into Auto Check Robot and search everything i can end up with duplicates, triplacates, quadruplicates etc etc etc.....

I then have to go into my databases manually and alter them. Unfortunately when i use the Robot again, then i have to go thru the same chain of events.

Any help would be appreciated please.

Thanks

Tony M3TDC

Best 73's Tony M3TDC
pe1mzs
New user

Post by pe1mzs »

Hi all,

I have no problem like above, that for your info Tony but something simular wich I learned to live by. When confirming QSL-IN with the B, winlog is not automaticly updateting the DXCC's and locators. If manualy go to the remarks and click it is detected and updated but only the locator not the dxcc.
So i regular run the log-check-robot and check the AUTO button, and after that all is o.k. without duplicates!!! GREAT program isnt it

Jasper de PE1MZS

jasper
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Tony (and Jasper)

I have not heard a problem such as you describe before with multiple entries occuring in the DXCC database.
First understand that the DXCC check is for Country, Frequency Band, Mode and for Confirmed status, this is performed on each QSO entered into the log or by the Robot.
The DXCC database should contain only one entry for each Country/Freq.Band/Mode, thus the DXCC database may hold ....

ENGLAND G0CUZ 14 J3e
ENGLAND G0CUZ 14 A1a
ENGLAND G0CUZ 144 A1a

THIS IS CORRECT

but NOT

ENGLAND G0CUZ 14 J3e
ENGLAND G1CUZ 14 J3e
ENGLAND G2CUZ 14 J3e

THIS IS NOT CORRECT

If the second example (2.) is occuring then I must investigate further as I can not think of any reason why it should behave so.

Please Zip up and send me your DXCC.MDB file for investigation and include your operating system and Winlog version number (menu/help/about) to winlog@blueyonder.co.uk

Jasper as for your comments, again Winlog32 should check and update the DXCC database when you add a "B or "D" to QSLIN, but there may be peculiarities on some systems I guess.
Winlog32 uses a number of calls to standard Windows DLL's, as you are probably aware these are updated regularily, often older versions have a certain bug or peculiarity (or why else would they update them?) so for now I can only put it down to that.
This is one reason that for v2 I am upgrading the programming language and in future there will only be a full release available rather like with v1.9 or direct internet upgrading like some of the current software is using. Hopefully then everyone will ALWAYS have all the latest files.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
m3tdc
New user

Post by m3tdc »

Hi and thanks for the info.

I have deleted all my own data from the databases and will run the ROBOT.
I always have everything set to AUTO in the databases.

I will then look into the database files and check for what i call double - ups. I understand what you are saying re QSO Band etc.

Still a fantastic program and Thanks for the registration. BTW just a note. Can you build into the program an autoupdate facility and in the ABOUT part can you put in the link to the URL.

Cheers
Tony M3TDC

Best 73's Tony M3TDC

Edited by - m3tdc on 18/11/2002 06:21:04 AM
m3tdc
New user

Post by m3tdc »

Hi all.

OK. Just completed deletion of all my own data from the databases. I have 2 files for my log. Main log and my mobile log both under my call.

I just completed a ROBOT check on all data and again loaded my mobile log and again did the ROBOT check.

Looking again at my databases i have found duplicates in the DXCC same call, same date, same band, same mode.

I have deleted the duplicaes from the database. Now if i do another ROBOT check then again i end up with lots more duplicates. I entered a local call on 2m, a guy who i talk to every day. For some reason it wants me to add him to DXCC. Already got him same band.mode etc.

My Brain Hurts H.i.

Many thanks for any further info and perhaps someone can follow my instructions and see if they have the same problem?

Thanks a million and congrats to Colin in Dudley for a brilliant program. I am using v1.9 and Win XP.
Cheers Tony M3TDC

Best 73's Tony M3TDC

Edited by - m3tdc on 18/11/2002 06:43:51 AM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Tony.

Sorry to hear of the ongoing problem, refer to my original mail, regarding what should be in the DXCC database and respond accordingly (e.g send me the DXCC.MDB file).
I am running WL32 v1.9 on XP and no such problem so I am puzzled!

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author