Transfer Log

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
M3PHP
New user

Transfer Log

Post by M3PHP »

Hi,

I am upgarding the shack computer, so i need a way to transfer my Log over to the new computer can i just move the log file? and the winlog32.ini file? or do i have to export the log?

I am changing to Windows XP Pro

73 Peter, M3PHP
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Transfer Log

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Peter

If possible back-up the complete Winlog32 folder on the old installation first, or it would be more simple if you have a network connection between the two installations.

In any case make a secure back-up before you start of at least all Log database files (in the \LOGS folder (and maybe the subfolders of \LOGS too).

First INSTALL winlog32 onto the new system, it is essential to do this so that all system files are present. Just copying the files across probably will not work, and even if it does you may encounter unusual errors later on.

After installing, copy the COMPLETE Winlog folder from the old installation including all it's sub folders and files onto the new installation overwriting the ones you just installed.

You should now have a complete mirror of the old installation.

If you encounter any problems, or strange errors especially when opening the "Print QSL" window, close Winlog and delete the Winlog.ini file and restart, which will recreate a new 'default' ini file. The reasons for this is that some Fonts selected in the Print section of the ini file may not be present on the new system.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
M3PHP
New user

Transfer Log

Post by M3PHP »

Colin,

Thanks for the information will do as u said

73 Peter, M3PHP