prefix database

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
New user

prefix database

Post by 180399 »

hi all,
just updated to v1.9 and the prefix database appears to be incorrect on my pc
ie it does not recognise the callsign M or the one for moldava but in v1.7 it was recognised i have downloaded the prefix update zip but i cant seem to be able to transfer the data to my v1.9 .
after winzip has unzipped it makes a window appear with the 2 icons in it but on trying to double click the right one i grt told to turn off winlog and this application will only run out of the data mode in winlog 32.
i hope ive made this clear please help.
many thanks simon wood RS180399
G0CUZ
Site Admin

prefix database

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Simon

It does sound that you have the old prefix (pre v1.7) database which does not work 100% with v1.7 onwards.
Simplest way would be to delete the Prefix.MDB file in winlog/data folder and re-install v1.9 over top of your existing installation, which will replace the Prefix.MDB file with correct one.
I am not sure I quite understand the problem you are having with updating the prefix database, although if you have the older version it can not be updated anyway. It is essential that you Close Winlog when updating.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0CUZ
Site Admin

prefix database

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Simon

It does sound that you have the old prefix (pre v1.7) database which does not work 100% with v1.7 onwards.
Simplest way would be to delete the Prefix.MDB file in winlog/data folder and re-install v1.9 over top of your existing installation, which will replace the Prefix.MDB file with correct one.
I am not sure I quite understand the problem you are having with updating the prefix database, although if you have the older version it can not be updated anyway. It is essential that you Close Winlog when updating.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
New user

prefix database

Post by 180399 »

thanks colin,
ive now cocked up my pc big time and i have to re-install windows and winlog i did a back up of my log as i always do when i install the new 1.9 version and transfer the log file i created will it work ok and will it recognise the callsign prefixes ie iota,was,waz etc or will i have to input each one manually from the keyboard.
btw before i cocked up the pc this was one hell of a logging program and i want to review it for shortwave magazine how would you feel about that?
thanks for your help colin
73s simon rs180399