MixW integration...

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
M0PCB Iain
New user

MixW integration...

Post by M0PCB Iain »

Hi,

I have been playing with a demo of MixW and it's DDE interface in Winlog. This is very useful for folk like me who play PSK31 etc. However I have a small problem. I use the winlog rig control interface all the time, switching a single interface between an IC746 and an IC706Mk2G, which works fine. But when I want to play PSK31 in MixW I have to disable the CAT in winlog then load mixw, which takes over rig control.

Is there a way to have winlog set the frequency in the log and just the other data be passed from mixw. So essentially the ability to disable the DDE section for frequency?

It might seem an odd request but as it stands I need to keep switching interfaces between modes, and it would be smoother to be able to run winlog with CAT then use mixw when needed without changing winlog's set-up.

I hope that made sense. Excellent log :-)

73, Iain M0PCB

73, Iain M0PCB/M1ETJ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

MixW integration...

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Iain

I am still trying to get my head around this one, not having used MixW myself (or any digi-modes), is there not an option to disable MixW's CAT interface? or does this need to be enabled for other reasons - you can not have Winlog32's RCW enabled at same time as MixW CAT interface, at least I think not. ?

It is possible to disable the DEE link on the 'frequency' field but then unless Winlog32 RCW is 'on' you will miss any auto-frequncy addition into the Log - other than as per normal manual Log input - perhaps this is expected.

Please excuse my ingnorance on this, could be I am missing the point altogether (long work-shift today - my excuse! anyway)

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author