Frequency readout from rig

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

usually I type the QSO frequency in kHz into the log. As I do many QSO per year I would be nice if WL32 can read the frequency directly from the transceiver like my RTTY program (MMTTY) does. I think it´s a similar matter as rig control, but I don´t need to control my rig.
I am using a Kenwood TS-2000 which has a serial port (RS-232) connected to the computer.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Gerald

I have the intention at some stage to add basic rig control to Winlog32 as many users have asked for this feature, and most good logging software offers this too.
I have looked at various options, but think the only way forward is to directly implement rig control in Winlog32.
This is quite a lot of work, as each rig is likely to be different, and no matter how many I include there will be other users asking for 'their' particular rig to be included too, so it will be ongoing and as time permits.
Being an old 'knob twiddler'? myself, I have non of these CAT rigs in the shack, so first practical thing will be to add something to my hardware collection for experimentation - my most modern rig at the moment is over 20 years old! some being considerably older (like me hi hi).
I plan to do something later in the year, perhaps an IC707.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

thanks for the reply. As I am not a programmer I can not estimate the amount of work for you.
Just for your information:
I had a look into the RTTY software I am using and found that in the setup menue only some different rigs can be chosen: Yaesu HF (FT-1000 etc.), Yaesu VHF (FT-736 etc.), Icom with a specific adress and Kenwood with one setting for all Kenwood rigs.
But that is not for real CAT because the programm drives PTT and frequency readout for logging only.

I will wait for the next steps and I say THANK YOU for all the work you have done so far!

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG