CHK DXCC

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
F4GVO
Bit of a boffin

CHK DXCC

Post by F4GVO »

Hi Colin, Hi Winlog32 users,

Since a few days, I am working Uganda (5X3K). I worked new mode (FT8, CW and SSB) on some new bands.
I just notice that if I look for Uganda using the CHK DXCC on the SEARCH PREFIX, the new FT8 slots appear but not the one from SSB and CW as show the following picture.

The one which are missed are 7 MHz CW 18 MHz CW 21 MHz 28 MHz SSB
That's odd because I am pretty sure that before I got all new slots display without needed to use the LCR....
I am using Winlog v7.3.49.

Thanks for any idea, advice, etc...

Thierry, F4GVO
SV1GRB
Keen user

Re: CHK DXCC

Post by SV1GRB »

Make sure that when entering the QSO data or when editing the QSO, the ENTER key is pressed with the cursor in the remarks field.
I have done this in the past, after entering the QSO data, I pressed the END button without first pressing ENTER in the remarks :-)

Haris
SV1GRB
F4GVO
Bit of a boffin

Post by F4GVO »

Thanks Haris, I do always press the END button but I tried again, with no change.
Maybe I unchecked something in my parameters... but so far, I didn't find anything.

Merci and 73
Thierry, F4GVO
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Thierry

Check your DXCC database for the missing QSO, or something may be amiss there with the record entry already added?

The CHK DXCC function grabs info from the DXCC database and not the Log

I just run a couple of checks on my Log and all seems OK with this function

73 Colin
F4GVO
Bit of a boffin

Post by F4GVO »

Thanks Colin for the tip.

Indeed checking my DXCC database, looking for Uganda on 7 Mhz, just got the FT8 entry but not the CW one, same thing on 21 and 18, got FT8 and SSB but not the CW. So at the end of year I will, as I always do, thanks to your advise, will delete my DXCC database (and some others, create new ancillary files and use the lovely robot checker ;) . It will take time now but sure it is the only solution.

Merci for your help Colin.

73 de Thierry, F4GVO