Clublog Realtime upload

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
F4GVO
Bit of a boffin

Clublog Realtime upload

Post by F4GVO »

Hi Colin and everyone in this forum.
After reading this article https://clublog.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/54911-embedding-log-in-qrz-com-pages I decided to active the Clublog realtime in Winlog32.
So first I fed the correct information Settings > Real Time Upload, then I activated the function at Options > Real Time Upload.
I then made a contact using JTDX. When I logged the QSOs from JTDX, Winlog32 asked me if I wanted to upload the QSO.

=> Is it possible to turn off this window ?

When I clicked OK, I got an error windows from Winlog32: Run Time Error '13': Type mismatch.
Winlog32 crashed then but QSO well sent to Clublog as it appears on my table on QRZ page.

Any suggestions and help are welcome.
Thanks in advance,

73 de Thierry
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Clublog Realtime upload

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Thierry

In answer to your question, Yes.

Menu/Options/Settings/ tab 'Realtime Upload.

There you will see a setting for the 'upload prompt', disable it and should be good.

I just run some tests, with JTDX<>Winlog32 & realtime upload to Clublog and didn't get any error, although I can see that with prompt enabled, it incorrectly prompts twice, I will have to fix that, however the prompt option should always be disabled for automated logging.

I have never encountered the 'error', but will investigate it in due course, let me know if it happens again.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
F4GVO
Bit of a boffin

Post by F4GVO »

Thank you Colin. The option was just under my noise and didn't see it.....
I will keep you posted when I'll log a new contact as since a few days, I am re-building my coaxial system, so no activity for a while, but sure I will tell you if it is ok or still get the error, now that "prompt" is disabled.

73 de Thierry
F4GVO
Bit of a boffin

Post by F4GVO »

Colin,
I received some paper QSL card today and when updating my log adding "D" on my QSLin field, I noticed this message error:

For me, Winlog32 shouldn't try to upload the contact, so maybe wrong behaviour ?

73 de Thierry
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Thierry

I don't know about this error and why it attempts an upload...

Can you make sure that the debug option is enabled (menu/File/Maintenance/File Maintenance)

The you can check the errorlog.txt file in main \Winlog32 folder, this may give some clue.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
F4GVO
Bit of a boffin

Post by F4GVO »

Hi Colin,

As I have always the debut option ON, it was easy to find the related lines which are:

7.3.47 12/06/23 15:24:34 LOGFORM_Sub_ProcessCLUpload -Updated QSO- 22 0
7.3.47 12/06/23 15:26:20 LOGFORM_Sub_ProcessCLUpload -Updated QSO- 22 0
7.3.47 12/06/23 15:26:43 LOGFORM_Sub_ProcessCLUpload -Updated QSO- 22 0
7.3.47 12/06/23 15:27:01 LOGFORM_Sub_ProcessCLUpload -Updated QSO- 22 0

73 de Thierry, F4GVO
F4GVO
Bit of a boffin

Post by F4GVO »

Colin,

I just made a contact with JTDC and I got again this error from Winlog32 "Run-time error '13': type mistmach" when I logged the QSO.
The QSO has well been added to Winlog32 and well sent to Clublog but with this error, after clicking OK, Winlog32 closed.
There is no new entry into the Errorlog.txt file

73 de Thierry
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hello again Thierry

Revisited this again over last couple if days, been working FT8 with CL upload turned on and has been fine.
I did look through the code and made a couple of minor changes, which I don' know if it made a difference or ot as it was working before I made changes.
I can't see where the error is occurring, maybe not in CL upload functions, but somewhere in the Save QSO routines.
I may release this build as a beta, so maybe you can check again.

BTW: When you change the confirmed status of an already entered QSO, yes it does upload the changes to Club Log, sorry I can't remember everything about this software!

73 Colin
G0CUZ
F4GVO
Bit of a boffin

Post by F4GVO »

Hi Colin,

Thanks for your time. Waiting for the beta to test it with pleasure.

For info, if I "upload QSO to Clublog" manually I have no error.

Let's wait and try for the beta version.

thanks again,

73 de Thierry

P.S. RR for the confirmed status changes to Clublog. So the error is maybe because this contact "has not been uploaded to CL" from Winlog32. I put this in brackets because this contact is on Clublog but from the Clublog <-> LOTW upload procedure from Clulog account. Maybe that's the problem ?