DX cluster overflow??

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

DX cluster overflow??

Post by DL4KG » Sun Mar 29, 2020 12:32 pm

Hi everybody,

while working in the WPX contest WL32 stopped working several times, saying "WL32 does not react (in German language)". I monitored that it happened always while a stupid guy (F8ZRR) polluted the DX cluster with a lot of skimmer messages. After having experienced that for several times I closed the DX cluster window and the DX cluster bandview window. After that WL32 operated normally without problems. Any idea to overcome this "overflow"?

73´s, Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG

G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: DX cluster overflow??

Post by G0CUZ » Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi Gerald

I also saw the problem with the skimmer in the contest, during this time I have seen Winlog32 pause for a few seconds to try and catch up which it usually did, but didn't lock, during these 'pauses' it will show the 'Not responding' message if the software is disturbed when trying to'catch-up'.

Hopefully, those providing the skimmer service will have more consideration and have necessary measures in place so this doesn't happen, otherwise I really think this is a problem that the DXCluster software provides should address, as it was a major nuisance to say the least, and like you, I had to close the Cluster as it was not of any use when that was happening.

Hopefully it won't happen again, but will keep an eye on the situation.

73 Colin
G0CUZ