IOTA DATABASE

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
M0MTD
New user

IOTA DATABASE

Post by M0MTD »

Hi all. I originally purchased Winlog32 quite some years ago. Then due to illness and a change in mind after I had a stroke I sold up and went qrt. Now some years later I am back on air (Aug 2019). I use to use the IOTA database and updated it regularly but I am somewhat out of date. I wondered if anyone had a recent IOTA DATABASE for use in Winlog32 please. It would be gratefully appreciated.

73's Tony de M0MTD.....
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: IOTA DATABASE

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Tony
I presume you have the latest version of Winlog32 now, the IOTA are up to date up until mid 2018, but new IOTA have been added this year 2019 (six more new ones)
I have already updated the master database with these six new ones, but as yet have not released a Winlog32 update since those changes.

When there is a new Winlog32 update - the IOTA update will be included, the update is not available separately.

Currently next release is not scheduled but think this is likely released by end September 2019.

P.S. Sorry to hear about the health problems, but glad to see that you are back on the air.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
M0MTD
New user

Post by M0MTD »

Hello Colin many thanks.
Just a question if I am collecting IOTA or CASTLES or LIGHTHOUSES how can I keep track of them. Would I have to mark them in the Remarks Column?
Thanks
Tony M0MTD
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hello again Tony

There is only tracking of IOTA award and you can add these to the Remarks field like this 'IOTA EU-005', any 'new' IOTA is automatically added to the IOTA Database or 'Log Check Robot' can be used retrospectively.

For the other awards, not so easy, there is no tracking but would suggest that you add them to the 'User' field with the reference prefixed with an appropriate signifier.

The 'USER' database (check out the online help file on this) may? have some of these awards included, but I can't remember.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
4X4-2238
Keen user

Post by 4X4-2238 »

Hello Colin & Tony

Yes the user awards would track , if the references would be typed correctly as indicated in the help file for the user file.

73 Eyran 4X4-2238.
M0MTD
New user

Post by M0MTD »

Thank you both. That's about as clear as mud hi...…
I will go though my logs and see if there are any I have in the wrong location.

I love collecting Lighthouses & Lightships also Italian Castles. Although it has been many years since I have been on air. So now I have some decent radio equipment I'm looking to chat the legs of anyone who will listen hi..

Thanks again
Tony de M0MTD