LoTW automation

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

LoTW automation

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Guys

I've not been soaking up the sun all day, but have recently been working on LoTW automation in the LoTW manager, this is working out quite well so far but it is a complex and critical procedure.

I would like a bit of input from those who regularly upload to LoTW from Winlog32.

I do not use a password to sign files using TSQL - perhaps others do?
This is something I will have to implement (the password is NOT that used to log-on to LoTW by-the-way).

Manual LoTW functions will remain as before, the automation is a single click process, the results are displayed during and after the process has completed, but of course there is no control once the process is started, the automation exports/signs/uploads/downloads report and updates the log all in one go, although at the moment I have the log updating in manual mode as it is nice to see the what new verifications are being added to the log, but this could also be automated

The new process can only be used with TQSL v1.14, this has recently been released and allows the new automated process.

The process should be used with the Station Location (menu/file Station Location) where multiple Logs are being managed with LOTW. -Does anybody manage multiple logs?

Any comments or guidance appreciated, I have a beta working, and it is good (and very quick!), but there a lot of possibilities and complications to consider, not everyone uses LoTW in the way expected.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
AA1E
New user

LoTW automation

Post by AA1E »

Hello Colin, Hope that you have a great Tan!! I download from winlog all of the time, it works great but it sure would be super for a one key click automation. I have 1.14 installed and sure would like to try the beta.
Thanks,
Jake AA1E
G0CUZ
Site Admin

LoTW automation

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Jake

Yes, sure drop me an email and I'll let you have a beta test, it's early days, but so far it's working good for me, if you are uploading to LoTW regular - you will be an ideal 'guinea pig' hi!

I'm not sure if LoTW has a sandbox for testing, but this is what I could do with, so that I can generate lots of errors etc., and see the how these are dealt with by TQSL and Winlog32.

Incidentally the one-click takes about 6-8 seconds to deal with a few QSO at a time, which is what I have been testing with live.

Oh yes, another very hot day here!

73 Colin
G0CUZ
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

LoTW automation

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

i also would like to try the new beta. I am using Lotw regularly, I have the latest 1.14 version and I do upload my QSOs minmimum once a week.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

P.S.: you should have my email adress...
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
N5PHT
New user

LoTW automation

Post by N5PHT »

Hi Colin,

I upload to LOTW every few days. However, I am at different locations often - still RV'ing a lot so don't know if the auto would work? Would be neat. I try to remember to change my station location each move and usually do but if the auto lotw depended on that I would be sure to update each time.

Now I have different station locations in the LOTW interface and that is how I manage it myself.

Gary, N5PHT (currently in beautify Northeastern Oregon - at elevation 4000 with nights in the 50's F and days up to 80 F or so) - nice break from Texas summers.
Gary, N5PHT
Lew K7GO
New user

LoTW automation

Post by Lew K7GO »

Hi Colin,
I'm one of those rare birds that does use a password with TQSL. I don't upload but once a week or so I can live with "manual mode" if need be.
*Lew*
K7GO
MT
G0CUZ
Site Admin

LoTW automation

Post by G0CUZ »

I am now ready with the private beta release for testing the LoTW automation.

Those who have emailed me will hear from me shortly with details of how to download the file and test the LoTW automation.

Thank you to those who have shown an interest.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
Site Admin

LoTW automation

Post by G0CUZ »

All those who expressed an interest in the LoTW beta test (5.9.x) have been emailed with details and link to file.

I am awaiting your responses.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
AA1E
New user

LoTW automation

Post by AA1E »

Hi Colin, I am having a blast with the Lotw automation! I have downloaded the Tqsl version 2.0 and it is doing well so far with the automation. I think it is going to be a real life saver when I get back to spending a lot of time on the air.
Thanks Colin,
Jake, AA1E
N5PHT
New user

LoTW automation

Post by N5PHT »

Colin,

The LOTW automation is WONDFERFUL - EXCELLENT. Thanks so much.

I upload after every couple of qsos - very neat!

Gary, N5PHT