70MHz Band Map

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
M0PCB
New user

70MHz Band Map

Post by M0PCB »

Hi Colin,

I was recently thinking about how long I've been using Winlog32, I think maybe 2003 or so! Many thanks for your continued efforts.

Anyhow, I have noticed something a bit off about the band map when I use it for 70MHz. Originally I was using an FT-817 and transverter with a particular offset set in the rig control window. The rig control window worked fine, showing the right frequency, but the cluster band map would show a frequency somewhere in the 71MHz range. As there are hardly ever any 70MHz spots coming in from the cluster I am not sure where it plots them.

Recently I have decided to upgrade my 4m station and am planning on using the K3 with a transverter, as the radio itself can do the offset, and it simplifies rig control etc. So, have configured teh K3 and winlog32 is reading in the correct QRG into the rig control window, in this instance 70.2MHz dead on. However, the DX cluster band map shows me as being on 71.150MHz.

When I click on 71.145MHz in the band map to QSY down the rig control window flashes up 701.150MHz and then recerts back to 70.2MHz without moving the rig onto another frequency.

Something funny going on there I think, all other bands seem fine, and it's only recently I've really got into 4m so not long found it as an issue.

Happy to provide more info if needed, curious to see what the problem might be.

Cheers & 73,

Iain M0PCB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

70MHz Band Map

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Iain

Thanks for the report - working on revising this currently.

Regards Colin
G0CUZ
M0PCB
New user

70MHz Band Map

Post by M0PCB »

Hi Colin,

Thanks for taking the time to look into it. My new 4m transverter hasn't arrived yet so I haven't been able to get properly QRV. Although it means extra work for you it is somewhat reassuring I wasn't going mad! ;-)

Cheers,

Iain M0PCB