Software Update

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
g3vir
New user

Software Update

Post by g3vir »

I am running V5.7.3 and have attempted to install V5.7.4. The installation starts Ok but then crashes out with an error message. I think that it needs a new location to instal the program. Rhis I have now done and the installation was Ok but I now have a new Winlog32 with nothing in it. Can somone tell me where my data is and can I just copy it across to the new program. Is there a reason why the old program won't update?
Sorry I am not very computer tech wise.
Roley G3VIR
sp9hzx
New user

Software Update

Post by sp9hzx »

5.7.4 ???
Where have you taken it from ?
[:)]
mm0amw
Keen user

Software Update

Post by mm0amw »

Updated to 5.7.4 here and it all went smoothly as usual. Roley , you will need to install it to your existing WL32 folder to get access to your existing data. SP9HZX, if you open WL32 and then select File/Latest Updates you should see the latest version there.
sp9hzx
New user

Software Update

Post by sp9hzx »

Thanks for info
g3vir
New user

Software Update

Post by g3vir »

firstly I tried to install it in the existing directory but it crashed out. I understand you need to make a new directory. So I then installed it in a new directory which meant I now had a new program less any data. All I now need to know I suppose is where is the original data stored?
Sorry I am a bit slow but being a pensioner the brain don't take in this modern data so easy.
Roley
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Software Update

Post by DL4KG »

If you go to the old Winlog folder you will find several subfolders. If you copy the "data" and "logs" folders to your new Winlog folder all previous data should be there. Perhaps it is also a good idea to copy the file old winlog.ini to the new folder.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
m1arf
New user

Software Update

Post by m1arf »

Hi all, I go to File/Latest Updates and get an up to date message but I am still on 5.7.3
Anyone have any idea why it does not show update available?
Derek M0DFX
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Software Update

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Guys

As far as the o/p message - remember it is ESSENTIAL to shut down winlog32 before running the update installer, will not work otherwise.

Updates- you MUST ALWAYS install into your original Winlog32 folder, if you don't know what or where it is on you computer - find out first!
If you choose to install any other way you will have many unnecessary problems, take a little time and care when installing updates, take note of above - it will save you loads of time and heartache, I do hundreds of updates each year on different computers during testing - I never get a problem.

The up-to-date message in 'Latest Updates' does not indicate whether Winlog32 is up-to-date, but more likely refers to the Prefix database?

73 Colin G0CUZ
sp9hzx
New user

Software Update

Post by sp9hzx »

Hi,

I have just updated it. Before doing it I shut down WinLog and all went smoothly as Colin says
m1arf
New user

Software Update

Post by m1arf »

Colin,

In the Winlog32 Update window it states "Current Winlog32 versionv5.7.3". After "Version Available:" it just shows a v.

It does not give me the option to up date to v5.7.4

This is on 2 XP machines.

Any ideas?

Derek M0DFX

Just run Winlog32 update on my Vista laptop, all information is in the update window as is the option to update to v5.7.4

Update the laptop and all is well.
Now to sort out the XP desktops.

Derek M0DFX