printing to QSL "via buro" or "via direct"

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
K2WLO
New user

Post by K2WLO »

When printing QSL labels I have Auto-Add "via Buro" or "via Direct" to above text checked off, but it never prints it. It would help in sorting my cards when it's time to send them out.
I know I asked this question before but I think my previous post was a victim of house keeping.[:)] I never did get it sorted out.

73 de K2WLO
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Merry Christmas John

Just to explain a couple of things.....

Print QSL window options, tab - Advanced enable 'add Please QSL/Thanks QSL'

tabs - Printlabel1/2/3 etc, the purple box MUST contain "Please QSL" -this is usually the bottom left of label (I think 'Pse QSL' also works).

The log must be populated with "B" or "D" in QSLOUT.

If QSLIN is already populated with "B *DATE*" then 'Please' changes to 'Thanks' during printing.

If the Print QSL Options - auto-add 'via buro/direct' option is enabled, then the above 'Please QSL' text has "via Direct" or "via Buro" added according to whether QSLIN contains "B" or "D", if that makes sense?

The text changes during actual printing only.
K2WLO
New user

Post by K2WLO »

Thanks for the explaination. I have actually printed close to 200 QSL labels so far and they always come out great! I understand perfectly all that you explained and use those technics to print them. It's just, the via buro or via direct always fails to work. I assume I have an isolated case. I'll give it one more go around on Tuesday when I'm back at work. (Sounds crazy, but that's where I print my QSLs).
Have a very merry Christmas Colin, to you and your family.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

I'm currently working on the print QSL label routines so I will take the oportunity to check this out, will report back later.
73 Colin, G0CUZ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

As an after thought John, if I remember correct you will need to have the text "via Buro (or bureau) after the Please QSL text - this is too ensure that the text string will fit in the label space, the Bureau will change to "Direct" and visa versa when pronting takes place.
I am going on memory, but will have to confirm this later, but you should check that your have addded this to your label.

73 Coiin, G0CUZ
K2WLO
New user

Post by K2WLO »

Thanks for your help and patience Colin. I got it sorted out now. I don't know how, or why, but the text in the "via Buro" (or direct) box was changed to Thanks QSL.[:I] Your last post tipped me to check it.
Funny side note; The QSO I used to check the results has a QSL manager (wouldn't it figure...). So as I was checking the results, "via Buro" still wasn't showing up. I'm thinking, "What the heck am I doing wrong?" That's when I realized the QSL manager on the label. I picked a QSO without a manager and it work perfectly! Hi!
Thanks again, Colin.

73 de K2WLO John
K2WLO
New user

Post by K2WLO »

After printing some new labels I notice the Via Buro/Direct only prints if there is something in the QSL IN line.
I printed 6 buro QSL's. From the 6 I printed, one I received a QSL via buro and it printed properly, and one was verified via LOTW. These were the only 2 out of 6 that printed properly. Even the Thanks QSL and Please QSL were correct. The 4 that had nothing in the QSL IN line only printed "Please QSL". I added todays date in the QSL IN line and it worked properly. Just thought you would like to know. Hopefully it's not a big deal to sort. I'm getting closer! Hi!
Thanks Colin.

73, John K2WLO
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi John

I have attended to this for next version.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
K2WLO
New user

Post by K2WLO »

Thanks Colin[:D]
K2WLO
New user

Post by K2WLO »

Colin,
I was printing return QSLs for some I received via buro. I entered B in the QSL IN and it automaticaly entered the date on that line and entered a B in the QSL OUT line. So far so good.
When I printed, the ones that read "B 19/4/2012" printed "via Direct via Buro". There was one that was already confirmed on LoTW so it read "VB 19/4/2012" and it printed "Thanks QSL via Buro", which, as you know, is correct.
I eliminated the date on the QSLs that were printing wrong and all was perfect.
So, in summary, if there is a date on the QSL IN line Via Direct/Buro will print incorrectly. Unless there is also a V on the line. I have not tried using D in responce to a direct card.
I knew there was an issue in the past. A quick search brought me to this thread I had previously started. I haven't needed to print any QSL labels till now.

Thanks, John K2WLO