Voice Keyer

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
W4VD
New user

Voice Keyer

Post by W4VD »

Hi Colin,

I just found out that my Rigblaster Plus does double duty as a pretty darned nice voice keyer, I think that a voice keyer interface would be a neat addition to your software, I use the one in my contest logger, N1MM, but I don't think any of the other general purpose loggers have that feature, but it would be cool even if it only had one memory for calling CQ I may be wrong, it's been years since I tried anything else :-) After seeing that none of them were in the same league, I figure "why bother?"

Also Colin, is there anyway to edit the contest logs and add fields like power before importing them? And perhaps remove the contest exhanges? I guess you could open the ADI file in word pad and do a find 599 *** and replace with 599 on the report couldn't you? What would you have to put in there to add a field like the power for instance?

73 and keep up the great work, gonna hit 10 thousand QSO's in the next few days, and nary a problem, least not one you couldn't fix HI

Bill --W4VD--
W4VD
New user

Voice Keyer

Post by W4VD »

Colin

I was playing with the recorder you already have in there, since I hooked up the Rigblaster as a Voice Keyer, I can record very nicely with it. Its as good as any voice recorder could be IMHO, excellent reproduction, I am definately going to start using it more, now all it needs is a way to set up the PTT, and an interface to a local mic on the PC and it would be a voice keyer, I looked around to see if I was missing anything, but didn't see any way to recored other than what's on the PC,

Bill
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Voice Keyer

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Bill

Thanks for the interesting comments

Regarding the Voice Keyer, something I had not really thought much about, as Winlog32 is not really suitable for serious contesting, I didn't see the need.
The 'Recorder' feature was added early on but for other general purposes - it uses the sound card in a pretty basic manner.

Regarding...
Importing ADIF and serial number stripping - already implemented as an option!?
Adding Power during import.... ditto

What version are you using? always use the latest version available, I'm adding stuff all the time and there are usually three or four major releases a year so it's always wise to update.
The 'changes.txt' in the Winlog32 folder gives clues to what has been added and fixed - well for the last couple of years anyway.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author