Assign F12 key to IK3QAR manager database

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
F5JSD
New user

Post by F5JSD »

Hi Colin,

Would it be possible to assign a key (e.g. F12) to search if a manager entry exists in IK3QAR online database just as we can search QRZ.com by pressing F11?

for instance to look for 5H1C, link is

http://www.ik3qar.it/manager/man_result ... l=5H1C&s=n

73 de Pascal - F5JSD
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Pascal

I am looking into this.....

Will reply later.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

I have contacted IK3QAR and subject to certain restraints he has given permission to use his QSL Manager web service via an online look-up directly from Winlog32 like Pascal as asked for.
I have used the 'F4' key for this function as most other function keys are already being used for other things, a menu item can also do the same thing.

The look-up will take the current Callsign from the Log and open your browser with the IK3QAR web page having already generated a QSL Manager search on that Callsign, just like a look-up at QRZ.COM
If this function is used with no current Callsign in the Log, the IK3QAR Search page will open as it normaly would ready for a Callsign/Manager seach.

One of the requests from IK3QAR is NOT to call this page function from any 'automated' look-ups, I agree with this so please so not ask me for it.

This function will be available in next public release (v3.1)

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
F5JSD
New user

Post by F5JSD »

Hi Colin,

Thanks for the great support as usual. Agree that automated search would probably flood IK3QAR server with tons of useless searches.

I am looking forward to installing v3.1

73 de Pascal - F5JSD