Rig control for Elecraft K2

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
David Honey
New user

Post by David Honey »

I'd love Winlog to be able to control/read my Elecraft K2.

I believe that SupaDupa (the contest logger) supports the K2.
Has anyone implemented rig control for it in Winlog?

Failing that, is there a user-extensable interface that allows config files to be constructed that tells Winlog how to achieve such a control.
I'd be quite willing to have a go at getting this working for the K2 and then share the results if successful.
David Honey
New user

Post by David Honey »

I believe that the K2 rig control conforms to the Kenwood standard. I have just ordered the KPA100 option for my K2 and that adds the KIO2 rig control. So when I have built it, I can test this and report the results. :-)

If is works with the Kenwood protocol, from a cosmetic point of view, it would be nice to implement an option that indicated the rig was an Elecraft K2 rather than Kenwood.

Is it possible for a user to customize the rig control menus to do this?
Some form of user-customisable interface that allowed users to define the manufacturer name, rig name and a data file that defined the CAT protocol would be great.

David, M0DHO
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

hi David

I can assure you that Winlog32 does support the K2, you are correct - it shares the Kenwood protocol more of less, and there IS a K2 listed in the 'select rig' options in the Kenwodd Rig control Window, if not, are you using the latest version of Winlog32 (v2.8.6)?
Select the "TS/ElectrafK2" from the 'select rig' list and this will give you the "Elecraft K2" RCW title you desire.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author