IOTA database

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

IOTA database

Post by G0CUZ »

If the IOTA database is of no interest or not used by you then you can disregard this topic.

I have been asked several times to add a multi-band option to the IOTA database, similar to what we have in DXCC, WAZ etc.

The design of the original database was such as to make this difficult without replacing the original database with a new style one, thus loosing any user input acccumulated over time.
This fact has made me rather reluctant to change it, with the resulting deluge of mail "where did my IOTA QSO's go?".

However I am still working on a seamless way of changing the original database without loss of user data.

I have to accept that some guys do not upgrade with each new version step, some leaping forward several versions, I have to consider this when making any changes too.

Whilst doing this work on the IOTA database, I intend to make it possible to update the IOTA list automatically, similar to how the prefix databse is updated now, so you will always have the latest IOTA additions, this is not the case at the moment, anyone still using the original IOTA database from v1.00 will be missing the later additions and/or corrections.

Now the point of this posting, how many, if any users have updated there IOTA database MANUALLY with QSO's from the log or QSO's not in the Log, e.g. QSO's entered NOT using Winlog32's auto-update or Log Check Robot?

How many guys have made any changes or additions to the IOTA list?

The answers will guide my development on this issue.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
g6fop
New user

IOTA database

Post by g6fop »

HI Colin

I normally let Winlog32 update the IOTA Database or use the log check Robot.

Kevin
G6FOP

73es GDX
VK6CJL
New user

IOTA database

Post by VK6CJL »

Hi Colin,
I would like to see the IOTA Database display multi bands for IOTA's.
At present I do update all new IOTA's manually and I would like to see an Auto
update available..

73 de Les VK6CJL
Perth W.A.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

IOTA database

Post by G0CUZ »

About the IOTA Database again.
As posted earlier, I have been asked by several users to enable multi-band QSO's to be added to the IOTA database.

Work is at an advanced stage in introducing the new format IOTA Database and it looks like we will have a painless conversion process from the old database version to the new one without loosing QSO data, (painless in operation but not for me struggling with the code for two days!).

Everything looks good so far, although now checking the IOTA rules as published, I can not find anywhere it has award endorsements for Band or Mode (other than VHF only), (See D.6.2 IOTA RULES), somewhat perplexing after so much work but anyway it will offer additional interest to the IOTA database and at the same time allow automatic updating of IOTA List information contained in the IOTA database.

Anyone who regularily uses the IOTA database and would like to test the new database and procedures...please step forward

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author