Tuning by mouse

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
W8DRK
New user

Tuning by mouse

Post by W8DRK »

Would it be possible to modify the tuning scheme so that holding the mouse buton down would result in constant tuning instead of just one step at a time? Or even better, allow for scroll wheel tuning? Thanks: Dave
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Tuning by mouse

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi dave

Thanks for the suggestion.

I did try mouse automated tuning on the RCW but was not totally happy with the effect, I wanted a two or three stage speed e.g tuning speed increasing with amount of time pressed.
I will have another go and see whaat I can do.

Sorry but I can not impliment scroll wheel tuning at this stage.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
W8DRK
New user

Tuning by mouse

Post by W8DRK »

Hi Colin. I have been thinking about going to computer logging for several years now. I had downloaded several shareware or trial versions of software and given them a try, but it always has been more trouble than it was worth to use them. This is the first program I have tried that is easy to use, intuitive, and has almost exactly the features I want. You did a great job on this software! The ability to continously tune from the mouse would just be the icing on the cake. For what it is worth as to minimum system requirements, the program also seems to run perfectly on my old 133mhz, 16mb ram, windows 95 laptop that I use in the workshop shack! The only glitch is that the rig control window places the word "Main" in the frequency readout display. Everything works fine however, and I just read the frequency off the display on the IC-706. Thanks for your reply, and thanks for writing a great program. 73: Dave/ W8DRK