Tnx fer Prefix Update

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
dl1pan
Keen user

Tnx fer Prefix Update

Post by dl1pan »

Hi Colin, tnx for new Prefix update 30.01.2024 , and your work all the time.
73 de Andreas, DL1PAN
Last edited by dl1pan on Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Rnx fer Prefix Update

Post by G0CUZ »

Glad to see it is appreciated Andreas, thank you for taking the time to mention it too.

I offer Prefix updates about once a month, it is mainly callsign exceptions (like TX5S) that are added to the database update.
Usually about 50-100 callsigns are added per month
Thanks to Club Log for original data.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
dl1pan
Keen user

Re: Rnx fer Prefix Update

Post by dl1pan »

Hello Colin, that's good if the prefix updates are made or . if you take the time for it.
Especially with the French colonies you can quickly have an error in the log. I usually check it with the function, right mouse button in the Callsign field(Clublog).
But if I currently e.g. If you enter TX5S in the Callsign field, France will still appear as the country. Is that normal?
So in the field "search Prefix" "chk DXCC". i see in "W/C Field" France.
updates are all current.
73 de Andreas, DL1PAN
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Tnx fer Prefix Update

Post by G0CUZ »

Hello Andreas

Thanks for your feedback

Yes, actually that is normal behaviour - and part of the prefix look-up algorithm, if you search for TX5S currently as the expedition is finished (e.g. date limited) then 'TX5S' will show parent country (TX is allocated by ITU to France).
If you do the Search from the Log callsign (right-click) and the date entered is within the bounds of their activity it will show correct of course.

If you need information on - as an example 'Clipperton' in 'Prefix Search', you need to search for FO/X or FO8/X, FO/C, FO8/C TX/X, TX/C, this is a similar situation for many of these callsign exceptions.

In the event that a new callsign exception emerges before I can offer a prefix update, it may indeed log incorrect DXCC until a new prefix update is installed, however in this instance to correct the QSO you either have to place cursor in Callsign field and enter or run the Log Check Robt through to find any inaccuracies in this respect.

Uploading a complete log to Club Log (overwriting existing QSO if ALL QSO are in your Winlog32 Log file) this is a club log option which can result in an alert email from Club Log with incorrect DXCC allocations, which I also find useful (mainly for unauthorized operations).

Hope this explains and makes sense.

73 Colin
G0CUZ