Omnirig

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Omnirig

Post by DL4KG »

Hello all,

I just added a panadapter to my TS-590SG. I installed Omnirig to control the rig, WL32, the SDR software and WSJT-X. All is working which means if I change frequency or mode on the rig, all programs change as well. But there is one thing I couldn´t get to work: If I click on a DX cluster entry the TS-590SG stays on the actual frequency. From time to time the mode changed to that of the cluster. The same happens with the RCW. If I change the band or the frequency in the RCW the rig does not react.
Any idea what is going wrong?
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Omnirig

Post by G0CUZ »

HI Gerald

I have never used Omnirig and thus am not familiar with it

There is a Omnirig interface/RCW in Winlog32 which uses their OLE functions as a control interface and guess that is what you are using and not the TS-590 RCW?

It was so many years ago that I added the Omnirig OLE function, but presume it was tested by whoever requested it at that time.

There is a Winlog32 help page on setting the RCW with Omnirig OLE interface, that's about all I know about it.

PS: The above refers to the original VE3NEA Omnirig.

73 Colin, G0CUZ