Export Feature

Discuss with others what you would like to see in later versions of Winlog32.
rhw2
New user

Export Feature

Post by rhw2 »

Hi Colin.

I've discovered one missing feature of WinLog that would be very useful to me, so am asking whether it could be considered for inclusion in a future version.

This relates to the various "Export" functions, and is the ability to select for export all new entries entered into WinLog since a particular date, or those entered between two selected dates, both inclusive.

This is particularly useful when entering one's old logs that have never been computerised before, when one is trying for various awards. Certainly, I'm not a good enough typist to enter 10 years of logs in a single sitting, so I've tended to go through the logs looking first at those where I have details that qualify them for a particular award (in my case, I started with WAB), then going through those not already entered that qualified for another award (TulipLand), and repeating the procedure. One day, I'll have them all entered, but in the meantime...

I don't know whether you store the relevant detail in the database at this stage, so it may not be possible without tweaking the database format. However, if that was done, it would in my opinion be reasonable to simply assume that any entry without a creation date was created on the later of the date that feature was added to WinLog and the contact date in the entry.

Best wishes from Riley G7GOD / KB8PPG

Edited by - rhw2 on 19/03/2003 07:47:26 AM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Export Feature

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Riley

What you require maybe already in place.

Open the Search Window
Into the SQL box (below the "Generate SQL" button) cut n' paste the following line

SELECT * FROM LOG WHERE Date BETWEEN #01/01/2000# AND #12/31/2000# ORDER BY DATE

Press the EXECUTE button.

"LOG" in the above line must be the name of you LOG (e.g. the name displayed in the LOAD box)

You can modify the dates as required N.B. you MUST enter the dates as MM/DD/YYYY (U.S.format) and they MUST be enclosed in the # signs.

After running the search the selected portion of the log can be exported as either a delimited text file or as ADIF using the menu option File/Export/Search/...

The above SQL statement could also be modified/filtered to any other requirement for exporting in this way.

The Custom Search feature (using plug-in modules) is a very advanced feature that is worth learning, such searches as mentioned can be performed against the various databases as well as the Log, once set-up regular/similar searches can be performed much easier using a couple of button clicks.

I am always willing to help anyone with a suitable plug-in module.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Export Feature

Post by G0CUZ »

ADDUM to the last message.

There is a field in in the Log databse called "QSOno" not normally displayed and used mainly for housekeeping, this is a self incrementing number, sorting the log by this field will order the log as you have entered your QSO's irrespective of date. (options/Page View/"Log Sort Order")

Similarily yuo can perform searches on this field for selective exporting.

The field is numeric so queries must use the = < > operators.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
ha7ul
New user

Export Feature

Post by ha7ul »

Hi Colin

this mode is fantastic.
I can make all different filtering with search window.
Make export to search/text.
Opening with excell, and modified and more filtering by my ideas.

Thanks

de

quote:
Open the Search Window
Into the SQL box (below the "Generate SQL" button) cut n' paste the following line

SELECT * FROM LOG WHERE Date BETWEEN #01/01/2000# AND #12/31/2000# ORDER BY DATE

Press the EXECUTE button.

"LOG" in the above line must be the name of you LOG (e.g. the name displayed in the LOAD box)

You can modify the dates as required N.B. you MUST enter the dates as MM/DD/YYYY (U.S.format) and they MUST be enclosed in the # signs.

I am always willing to help anyone with a suitable plug-in module.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author

Feri/ha7ul