Newbie Questions

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G3ZSU
New user

Newbie Questions

Post by G3ZSU »

Hi, I've not been active for many years, and am just switching from YPLog, which I really liked, but realise that having been out of support for so long, I need to change things. So Winlog32 looked to be a great replacement.

So, being new to Winlog32, I am probably doing things wrong. I have a few issues.

1. I can set my radio up (Kenwood TS590SG) OK if I use Kenwood Rig #2, but with exactly the same settings, #1 does not work at all. I will likeley only use 1 radio, but don't understand what is the problem.
2. When I log a QSO, Band (freq) and mode are not transferred to the log. This doesn't happen if I log a QSO with WSJT-X. Not tried MixW yet.

Any advice welcome.

Shaun G3ZSU
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Newbie Questions

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Shaun

When you enter a QSO always use the ENTER keyboard key, there are also options to auto-enter the band mode etc. if that is required.

IIRC the Kenwood#1 & Kenwood#2 did have a slight code difference, I can't remember why, probably awaiting some long ago lost feedback.

If you are likely to hook up two Kenwood rigs then I'll have a look, but a bit reluctant to change anything,
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hello,

I don´t have a solution just an information:
I am using RCW1 for my TS-590SG and RCW2 for a TS-2000X without problems. They both have the same setting values except the number of stopbits. Before I got the TS-590SG I had the TS2K on RCW1.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G3ZSU
New user

Post by G3ZSU »

Thanks Colin. Just tried logging again, and it is fine. Must have been me. Thanks for the excellent fast response.

DL4KG de G3ZSU Thank you Gerald. I've just tried my TS590SG on RCW1 again, and it still will not work. Maybe I got a bad installation. Not a problem though, as I only really use one radio at any time. I can live with this.

Vy 73 Both