Winlog32 Shut Down

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

Re: Winlog32 Shut Down

Post by IT9PQJ »

Hi all,
same problem here...
Nico
Attachments
Immagine.jpg
Immagine.jpg (65.64 KiB) Viewed 23005 times
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Just an update on this problem.

I have found that since I switched to Windows 10 on the shack computer in the new year, that I have also witnessed this random shut down without warning on a few occasions, this has enabled me to gradually figure out what is going on.
I am still working on it, but now know where I am looking.
Thanks for your patience on this.

73 Colin, G0CUZ
G0BLB
Keen user

Post by G0BLB »

Hi Colin,
Thanks for the update I still get shut down problems probably 4 or 5 times a month some times more I have kind of learnt to live with it,
I wish you well on fining the problem thanks again for a great logging program.
Kind Regards 73 Rich G0BLB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

I think I have made some progress on this, and is undergoing some intensive testing during the last days.

If anyone is still experiencing this particular problem, let me know directly via email, and I'll contact you directly regarding the possible fix.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

I had the problem in the past months while I was on the radio more often. Being very busy I spend less time on the radio nowadays. But I´ll be back in the next weeks for sure. Therefore I don´t know whether I still have the problem or not. But I would be very interested to know the possible fix.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Just an update on this.

I made some changes and I think that it fixed the sudden shut-down problem, I did extensive testing and problem I was having did not occur again, so am guessing this was what others were experiencing.

By this, I am referring to the particular fault of the sudden shut-down/disappearance of Winlog32 after it had been running for some time, which happened without any warning or error message.

Build 37 onwards (now available) will have this fix, so am awaiting feedback on this from anyone who also experienced this problem before.

73 Colin, G0CUZ
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hello Colin,

while running Build 37 for some weeks now I didn´t had any crashes anymore. It seems that you solved the problem.

Best regards
Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0BLB
Keen user

Post by G0BLB »

Hi Colin,
Well done on the update I have not had any shut downs since the last upload form you.
Thanks and keep safe.
Kind Regards
Rich G0BLB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Good to hear, thanks for the feedback Rich

Keep safe

Colin, G0CUZ