JS8CALL and Winlog32 logging

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
F4GVO
Bit of a boffin

JS8CALL and Winlog32 logging

Post by F4GVO »

Hi Colin, hi fellas users of Winlog 32 !

I start to discover JS8call software (using v2.1.1) and try to figure how to use it with Winlog32 for logging my contacts in the same way I can do it with WSJT-X (which is working perfectly using UDP server .

Here is the options by JS8CALL:

I first choose the UDP API (as shown on screenshot) and using the same configuration on Winlog32 as I use with WSJT-X but when I log QSO on JS8Call, no QSO are written on Winlog32.
I tried "Multi UDP" on Winlog32, of course adapting the port on JS8CALL, not working.
I also tried the N1MM logger way, using this option on Winlog32 but also not working.

Any suggestion well welcomed !

73 de Thierry, F4GVO
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: JS8CALL and Winlog32 logging

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Thierry

Looks like I have to make changes to Winlog32 to allow JS8CALL to communicate via the UDP.
I have contacted you directly and you can do some testing if you like.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: JS8CALL and Winlog32 logging

Post by G0CUZ »

After some investigation, it appears that JS8CALL does NOT support external logging via UDP at this point.
The UDP settings must be left-overs from WSJT-X from which it probably was developed.