Prefix tag

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
9A4ZM
New user

Prefix tag

Post by 9A4ZM »

Hi there,

I am working on digital modes using combo WSJT-X + JTAlertX, logging with Winlog32.
JTAlertX has the possibility to alert on new prefix, for that it logs worked prefix in it's log in form <PFX:2>G5 for let's say worked station G5RV. But it does that only for new logged contacts, and I have many records in my old Winlog32 log before digital age. There is no PFX tag in Winlog32 log, so when I export those records to JTAlertX log, there is no PFX info for old records.
Is there any Windows application, or on-line web page utility, which can scan my old Winlog32 log, and add PFX tag to exported log ?
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: Prefix tag

Post by G0CUZ »

Thanks for your enquiry.

I have not heard of any utility that can scan a log and generate a prefix tag, there are some ADIF conversion/checkers available, but have no experience of using them and whether they can do what you are asking.

There is no inbuilt capability in Winlog32 to generate a prefix tag, and there is no facility to deal with WPX awards.

Sorry I can not help further, but if you do manage to do this please post here your experience.

73 Colin , G0CUZ
9A4ZM
New user

Re: Prefix tag

Post by 9A4ZM »

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I am aware, that Winlog32 does not have inbuilt prefix tag.
Interesting is, how then JTAlertX generates prefix tag and logs it.
That's why I have asked the question, perhaps anyone else on forum has any idea how to solve the problem.

73 de Maki