VHF locator database

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

VHF locator database

Post by DL4KG »

If I try to show "all VHF" or "all HF" locators (no special mode or propagation choosen) I get a runtime error 13. Any idea what is wrong?
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: VHF locator database

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Gerald

Yes, it's a bug introduced recently when I made some changes to the way the queries are executed.

I have already fixed this but do not plan any updates at this time.

if it's causing you some grief, I can send you a fixed file - please contact me directly if you want.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Re: VHF locator database

Post by G0CUZ »

The bug in the VHF database query has been fixed in latest versions.

On the subject of the Grid Locator database, I have been pondering on whether to introduce and incorporate all modes to this database as per DXCC database, this will allow filtering specific modes including individual or grouped digi-modes.

At the moment although the VHF database does store the modes, it only allows one mode per Grid, the change would allow multiple modes against each grid, this has occurred to me since there is multiple data modes being used for VHF dx'ing now.

I will await feedback on this, the only down-side is that the VHF database will need refreshing and rebuilding using the LCR, I can't see an easy way to automate the change-over.

73 Colin
G0CUZ