Wrong freq

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
ZL2BMH
Keen user

Wrong freq

Post by ZL2BMH »

Hello All.

I need assistance as I have tried everything ( I think).

I use FLDIGI for PSK31 and RTTY. When I make a contact it is primed to be uploaded straight into WINLOG32. For so long this worked great with WINLOG32 telling me 1 of 1 has been uploaded, now it says 0 of 1 has been uploaded. I find that in the freq box of WL32 the freq says 1.2345 or the like. Because this is not right WL32 doesn't like it and therefore won't accept it.

Even FLDIGI shows a weird freq.

How can I get this back to running how it used to, and get te freq entered properly.

All help is really appreciated.
Jim ZL2BMH
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Re: Wrong freq

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Jim,

I also use FLDIGI and Winlog32. Before we investigate a bit deeper tell us whether you use the rig control in Winlog32. My experience is that FLDIGI does not show the right frequncy if Winlog32 is handling the rig control at the same time. In my case I use a Kenwood TS-2000 on serial port 1. This port is blocked by Winlog 32 and FLDIGI cannot use it also. If I disconnect Winlog32 from the port FLDIGI shows the right frequency and that will be correctly forwarded to Winlog32. But If I change to a non-digital mode I have to restart the rig control. Therefore I prefer to enter the right frequency manually into FLDIGI and that will be forwarded as well to Winlog32.

I hope that makes it a bit clear. If it does not help we can compare our settings in FLDIGI.
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
ZL2BMH
Keen user

Post by ZL2BMH »

Hello and thanks Gerald.

No I don't use rig control, so I'll be very interested to compare your settings, I am looking forward to this.

Regards,
Jim ZL2BMH
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Jim,

first you should check how your FLDIGI reads the radio frequency. Are you using ´rigcat´or ´hamlib´in FLDIGI or do you enter the frequency manually? In any case FLDIGI should show the correct frequency before it forwards it to Winlog32.

FLDIGI has a built-in logbook which will be maintained parallel to Winlog32 in my setup. Here it shows 6 digits after the dot, e.g. 21.123456 MHz. If that logbook also does show the correct frequency the problem is within FLDIGI.

I did not find a special setting for forwarding data into a third party software in FLDIGI. So it seems that the only thing to do is to enable the logging interfaxe in Winlog32. But please check first whether FLDIGI is handling the frequency reading properly.
73 de Gerald - DL4KG