New Version 6.1.1

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

New Version 6.1.1

Post by G0CUZ »

Make sure you have TQSL v1.14 or later, it will not work with TQSL v1.12 or 1.13 - OH sorry I see it in the picture now!! hi version 2 should be OK.

The station location must be called "IT9PDQ" in TQSL also.

73 Colin
G0CUZ
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

New Version 6.1.1

Post by IT9PQJ »

Solved. TNX Colin!
mm0amw
Keen user

New Version 6.1.1

Post by mm0amw »

After updating to the latest version of Winlog32 I notice that in the LOTW Manager window/Request report screen, that the download QSL after date is stuck on 31st December 2013 and despite downloading several reports since then and also manually resetting the date to a more recent one, it still defaults back to the 31/12/2013. Just me or has anyone else noticed this?
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

New Version 6.1.1

Post by IT9PQJ »

Mine is OK
KC9ELU
New user

New Version 6.1.1

Post by KC9ELU »

I am running WinLog32 V6.1.1 and have noticed in the Log Maintenance routine the QSO Nos are not increasing by 1 for each new entry as they were previous to January 1, 2014. Also, on 12/30/2013, I imported my log ADIF file from my old WinLog32 computer into my present computer which I thought went smoothly. Yesterday, I ran a Log Maintenance check on the V6.1.1 WinLog32 program on my present computer and discovered 7,107 entries in my log have a DXCC Entity Code of "0". [?] Both computers run Windows XP for their operating systems. I believe this is preventing my database inquiries from working properly. (I have uploaded 57 qsos to LoTW since January 1, 2014 with no problems and have also run the LoTW Manager within Winlog32 successfully. Please help! Thanks.
G0CUZ
Site Admin

New Version 6.1.1

Post by G0CUZ »

The QSONO does not (never did) necessarily increment by one, they should however be incrementing??
This number is of no importance as this is just a QSO ID number for internal use.

The (DXCC entity) 'Code' may not be added to the log if:

1. You have imported QSO's from another logger with no codes
2. You are not using the enter key on the callsign field when inputting QSO data.
3. The prefix database has 'auto' disabled

After importing from another program that has not included the entity codes, you should run the Log Check Robot with all options DISABLED - this will scan the log and add the appropriate entity code.
Once it is done it is done, but if you import/add further QSO or do not observe the above comments you can end up with more entity zero's - easy to check with Log Maintenance, or visually look at the field in the Log.

I am not aware of any problem with entity codes other than above.

ARRL LoTW or Winlog32 LoTW manager does not care about QSO entity codes.

Hope that explains

73 Colin
G0CUZ
KC9ELU
New user

New Version 6.1.1

Post by KC9ELU »

quote:Originally posted by G0CUZ

The QSONO does not (never did) necessarily increment by one, they should however be incrementing??
This number is of no importance as this is just a QSO ID number for internal use.

The (DXCC entity) 'Code' may not be added to the log if:

1. You have imported QSO's from another logger with no codes
2. You are not using the enter key on the callsign field when inputting QSO data.
3. The prefix database has 'auto' disabled

After importing from another program that has not included the entity codes, you should run the Log Check Robot with all options DISABLED - this will scan the log and add the appropriate entity code.
Once it is done it is done, but if you import/add further QSO or do not observe the above comments you can end up with more entity zero's - easy to check with Log Maintenance, or visually look at the field in the Log.

I am not aware of any problem with entity codes other than above.

ARRL LoTW or Winlog32 LoTW manager does not care about QSO entity codes.

Hope that explains

73 Colin
G0CUZ

KC9ELU
New user

New Version 6.1.1

Post by KC9ELU »

Colin, I have resolved my issues thanks to you guidance. The log's dx entity codes have been updated and I am ignoring the qso number individual increments. They are increasing as you described. I am extremely pleased with WinLog32.[:)]
73, Mike
KC9ELU