SQL help

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
N5PHT
New user

SQL help

Post by N5PHT »

I am trying to do a search like the following:

SELECT * FROM LOG WHERE Mode LIKE 'cw'

Except I would like it to be also for a segment of my log only. Like from a specific date. For example to see how many CW contacts I have during a specific time frame - between two dates.

This works for a one specific date: (Dec 30, 2012) but I have not found the correct SQL for a date range?

SELECT * FROM LOG WHERE Date LIKE #12/30/12# AND Mode LIKE 'cw'

Thanks for any help on this.

Gary, N5PHT
N5PHT
New user

SQL help

Post by N5PHT »

Sorry all - found a help file in the "online help" that has extensive help on SQL. I should have look further before posting. Here is a way (in case others are interested) to search for all CW contacts during 2012 (for example):

SELECT * FROM LOG WHERE date between #1/1/12# and #12/31/12# and mode like 'cw'

thanks again and I believe I will be playing with SQL for awhile.

Gary
N5PHT
New user

SQL help

Post by N5PHT »

More SQL questions/input.

I am probably a little obsessed with searchs in my log but it is part of the fun for me. I am able to use the Log DXCC Display and see that you can click on a DXCC entity and the search will tell you how many from that particular DXCC is in your log. However, now I am trying to find out how many qso with (for example) Japan for a particular date range. The date option at the top of the Log DXCC Display can be changed but I believe that will then narrow it to the buttons on the top of display and still not able to discover how many Japan DXCC worked since a certain date?

I played with the following but that is a bit of an awkward way I think:
-----------------------------
SELECT * FROM LOG WHERE date between #1/1/13# and #3/5/13# and mode like 'cw' and callsign like "ja*"

-----------------------------
That will pick up all 2013 Japan calls in the log but only those that start with JA and there are of course many other Japan prefixes. Is there a field for the DXCC or a way to use the SQL to seach for the DXCC database as above?

Colin - I certainly don't see these SQL issues as priority but thanks for any help on this and I will post answers as discovered in case others are intereted.

Gary, N5PHT
G0CUZ
Site Admin

SQL help

Post by G0CUZ »

hi Gary

Keep at it!

SQL is a very powerful search tool.

For a particular DXCC entity in the log, compare the 'CODE' field for the DXCC entity, something like this

"Select * from Log where code = 291 order by callsign"

Gets all USA stations w/K/N, can be scoped for any DXCC entity code and can be expanded with various other criteria.

The code field is the last field in the Log Page view columns (sometimes hidden).

73 Colin
G0CUZ
N5PHT
New user

SQL help

Post by N5PHT »

Perfect!

Thanks Colin

quote:Originally posted by G0CUZ

hi Gary

Keep at it!

SQL is a very powerful search tool.

For a particular DXCC entity in the log, compare the 'CODE' field for the DXCC entity, something like this

"Select * from Log where code = 291 order by callsign"

Gets all USA stations w/K/N, can be scoped for any DXCC entity code and can be expanded with various other criteria.

The code field is the last field in the Log Page view columns (sometimes hidden).

73 Colin
G0CUZ