QRZ.COM lookup window

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

QRZ.COM lookup window

Post by IT9PQJ »

Is there a way to choose "Firefox" instead of "Internet Explorer" when looking up for a callsign ?
Or, better yet, a way to save username and password for QRZ.COM pop-up window opened by "Internet Explorer" when looking up a callsign by means of Winlog32 ?

Best regards,
Nico
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

QRZ.COM lookup window

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Nico,

I don´t understand your question. Why do you ned "Intenrt expolorer" or "Firefox" to look up a callsign?
I am using QRZ callbook online and I do not need any window from an explorer.
Which information you would like to get from the QRZ.COM?

73 de Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0CUZ
Site Admin

QRZ.COM lookup window

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Nico

Why don't you try HamQTH as your default callbook.
No adverts, no IE, this is a direct API interface, nearly as good as the QRZ subscription service - and free.
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

QRZ.COM lookup window

Post by IT9PQJ »

quote:Originally posted by DL4KG

Hi Nico,

I don´t understand your question. Why do you ned "Intenrt expolorer" or "Firefox" to look up a callsign?
I am using QRZ callbook online and I do not need any window from an explorer.
Which information you would like to get from the QRZ.COM?

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

Hi Gerald,
I was almost sure not to be clear... You confirmed it! [:D]
I mean that when I press F11, Winlog32 opens a window with the qrz.com page for that particular callsign and the browser is Internet Explorer instead of my default browser which is Firefox. When that I.E.'s window pops up for the first time, I have to type my qrz.com username and password for logging in. If I delete my cookies and I.E. cronology, I have to re-type username and password for the same operation and I just don't figure out why there's no way to leave those fields (username and password) filled like in Firefox.

The information I'd like to get from qrz.com is just the whole callsign's page I look for. If I do not log in the way I have described, everything is shown on that page but the operator name, postal mail address and e-mail address.

Nico
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

QRZ.COM lookup window

Post by IT9PQJ »

quote:Originally posted by G0CUZ

Hi Nico

Why don't you try HamQTH as your default callbook.
No adverts, no IE, this is a direct API interface, nearly as good as the QRZ subscription service - and free.

Hi Colin,
nice to read you. Thanks a lot for the advice. I will try it.
Nico
IT9PQJ
Bit of a boffin

QRZ.COM lookup window

Post by IT9PQJ »

Shame on me! HI HI... As usual, it was simpler than I didn't think... I just don't delete the cookies for qrz.com and it's done.
Thanks all the same.