Logs Folder

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
mu0chn
New user

Logs Folder

Post by mu0chn »

Hi

Is there a way that I can choose where the "Logs" folder is located.

Jes
GU6EFB
Keen user

Logs Folder

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Jes

Why would you want to move the folder?

I think the answer will be no
Opening database files across a network is not the best thing to do unless you know what you are doing and protection is coded into the software so files are not left open

If your worried about backups use the backup on exit option in settings and write your log to a memory pen

73 Keith
mu0chn
New user

Logs Folder

Post by mu0chn »

Hi Keith

When I was trying out HRD I saved the log files in a dropbox folder. I use a netbook when portable with internet so when I get home the files are up to date on my main PC. I would like to do this with Winlolg.

73 Jes
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Logs Folder

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Jes,

I think Keith is right. I do not know that functionality within Winlog. I think the best way to be update on your main PC is to create an ADIF file from your netbook and import that one to your main PC.

But the idea to have several computers updated with same data via internet sounds interesting. Perhaps Colin can implement that feature in one of the next releases.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
mu0chn
New user

Logs Folder

Post by mu0chn »

Hi Gerald.

I keep a few Word and Excel documents in dropbox so if like now I am at work and have a few minuets to spare I can work on them. I can also access them on any computer that has internet via there website.

Keith I have a program that I use to keep track of money I have lent my sons and pocket money for the one that still gets it and it works very well. It is only me that uses it so there is no problem with sharing or a program left running. It worked well with HRD but I no longer use it.

73 de Jes