No frequency or mode in Winlog32

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
Nathan
New user

Post by Nathan »

I have connected my ICOM 7600 to my computer via the USB connection on the back of the transceiver, but the data is not transferred to the winlog32 program to be seen on the computer screen. I use the latest version of winlog32, followed all instructions in the help file, and my computer has the XP version installed.
K2WLO
New user

Post by K2WLO »

Once you have the rig control opened click RIGS in the menu bar. It sounds like you haven't configured the rig control for use with your rig. I haven't set up for an Icom (I have a Yeasu) so I'm not sure of the exact settings. Start with selecting your rig (IC 7600) from the list and go from there. Once the rig control knows what rig you have you should see something. If that has been set up and you still aren't getting results, I would suggest making sure you have the correct com port selected. I hope this helps...

73, John K2WLO
Nathan
New user

Post by Nathan »

As I have stated, I have done all the required things, with no result.

Nate
GU6EFB
Keen user

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Nathan

Have you installed the Icom comport and sound drivers
If not you will need to install them otherwise you won't have a comport for winlog to connect to

Let me know as my 7600 works fine and I will try to help you

73 keith GU6EFB
Vlasta
New user

Post by Vlasta »

quote:Originally posted by GU6EFB

Hi Nathan

Have you installed the Icom comport and sound drivers
If not you will need to install them otherwise you won't have a comport for winlog to connect to

Let me know as my 7600 works fine and I will try to help you

73 keith GU6EFB

Hi Nathan,
try to change Baud in Rig/Set/ Baud, usually is set 19200Bd for 7600, try to set 9600. My 756 and 706 works well.
73 Vlasta
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

It does rather sound as though no Virtual Com port driver is installed, Winlog32 can not use a direct USB conection - it does require a USB to serial converter - this usually comes with the cable (or is advised which one is needed for the cable).

The driver will rarely exist on XP machine so it will need installing.

I am using a "Prolific" USB To Serial driver which is pretty well standard on aftermarket Icom Rig Control cables.

Oh, if this has already been done, and nothing comes from the rig to Winlog32 but winlog32 can send frequency/mode then this will be a setting on the Rig - might be called "TRN" - it must be "ON".

73 Colin
G0CUZ
GU6EFB
Keen user

Post by GU6EFB »

Hi Guys

You can connect the 7600 to winlog using the USB connection you just need to load the Icom USB drives this will create a comport.
In the winlog rig window just select that comport set the baud rate to match the rig and it works great.
If still stuck let me know and I will post some screen shots

73 Keith GU6EFB