paper log

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
ZS1TMJ
New user

paper log

Post by ZS1TMJ »

Hi
I have just joined winlog32. I am a new amateur and have been using a paper log for a few years. The question is, will I be able to load all my past logs that I have written and upload them manually into winlog32?
Thanks
Sydney
ZS1TMJ
K2WLO
New user

paper log

Post by K2WLO »

Absolutely Sydney! I would recommend getting familiar with Winlog32 and how to log QSOs. Then it is just a matter of time and patience of manually inputting each QSO from your paper logs. Don't be intimidated by Winlog32 (some people are for some reason...) it really is an easy program with an amazing amount of features! Don't be shy here on the forum either. Colin always gets back to all questions in a day or two.

John, K2WLO
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

paper log

Post by DL4KG »

Hello Sydney and John,

it is definitely no problem to enter a paperlog, it just a matter of time. I found a tool to accelerate the manual typing: look for Fast Log Entry http://df3cb.com/fle/. You may export an ADIF file and import that file into WL32.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
Vlasta
New user

paper log

Post by Vlasta »

Hi Sydney,
it is how John wroute. I put to WL abt 20,000 QSOs from paper log.
I think the most easy way is to set in Options/Settings/Date/Keep and non auto time (first buton in tool bar) and Options/SpeedLog/SuperSpeed and AutoReports and then to put Calls only, alternatively to change the Date and time.
I leaved the Time window empty and afterward I had to wroute the Time in the File/Maintenance/LogMaintenance/STime additionaly because LoTW and eQSL require these ones.
So have a patience and GL,
73 Vlasta, ok1fim
sp9hzx
New user

paper log

Post by sp9hzx »

Hi Sydney,

If you are new in ham radio you havent many qsos and it isnt a hard job to enter qsos manually.
I have been using Winlog for only a few days and it is very easy and user friendly.And there is good manual in it. And this forum,of course.
And always remember to backup your log and all data
[:)]
Andy sp9hzx