Changeing the name of a log?

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
K2WLO
New user

Post by K2WLO »

Can this be done? For no other reason than, I have recently changed my call. My original log is named "Log" and the log for my new call is "K2WLO". Just to make it easier I'd like to have old log "KC2WLO" and new log "K2WLO".

73 de K2WLO John

Ex KC2WLO
F5JSD
New user

Post by F5JSD »

Hi

I also tried to do this in the past but never found a solution.
Not critical to me, o I left it as it is.

73 de Pascal - F5JSD
K2WLO
New user

Post by K2WLO »

quote:

...Not critical to me, o I left it as it is.

I agree, it's not very critical to accomplish this. I just thought it would be easier in the long run. I would like to see previous contacts from my old log in the search table though.

73 de K2WLO John

Ex KC2WLO
Vlasta
New user

Post by Vlasta »

Hi OMs,
make a new log with desired name and copy the old log.

Vlasta, OK1FIM
K2WLO
New user

Post by K2WLO »

Vlasta,
Thanks, that seems like a good idea. I may give it a try. After I back everything up, of course. HI HI!

73 de K2WLO John

Ex KC2WLO
K2WLO
New user

Post by K2WLO »

Vlado,
I made a new log with the name I wanted, copied the log into it and deleted the log with the name I no longer wanted. It worked perfectly. It's a little scary deleting the log but I had it all backed up...just in case.

73 de K2WLO John

Ex KC2WLO
Vlasta
New user

Post by Vlasta »

Hi John,
I am glad that it works well, hi. I did it many times before so I belived it is O.K.
Success with WL32 and GL

Vlasta, OK1FIM
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

As pointed out, it is not possible to change the name of the 'LOG' in a log database, but you can add further logs with different names or delete existing logs.

Vlasta's idea or exporting/importing is OK and should not cause any problems, BUT as John 'WLO says, it is very important to make a back-up of the original log before you start.

One thing to remember is, that if you are adding or changed the LOG name in an existing Log Database, you may need to make the 'Station Location' - or edit - if you previously made one, this does have some significance in certain areas e.g. LoTW & QSL Printing.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
K2WLO
New user

Post by K2WLO »

Yes, I did have to make sure my Station location was correctly entered, as well.
I forgot to mention that small, but important, detail. Thanks Colin.

73 de K2WLO John

Ex KC2WLO