How to change Entity of QSO in v5.5.8 ?

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
kc0deb
New user

Post by kc0deb »

I am sure it has been asked before, but I could not find anything with the search option . I am using V5.5.8, and in a couple of versions back it was possible to right click the Country Name ;to right of the Callsign entry box; and a nice box would open where you could change the DXCC. I am trying to clear some issues that ClubLog made me aware of, it being the wrong DXCC's assigned to some particular callsigns. You don't want to know how many times I have been 'Right Clicking" the Country name in the latest version...Hi.
Is there a way to correct these contacts in v5.5.8 , or did I miss something?
Thanks, John kc0deb

(Initially posted this in the wrong forum SRI)
F5JSD
New user

Post by F5JSD »

Hi John,

a.. Browse your log to bring the QSO you want to update in the edit window (so you can change whathever data of the QSO.

b.. double left-click the callsign field

c.. you will be prompted "do you want to change country allocation" or something close

d.. say yes

e.. now you will see a window under the callsign field where you can either manually select country or enter the ADIF entity code. Or even better click "check clublog".

f.. click done when you have finished.

73 de Pascal - F5JSD
kc0deb
New user

Post by kc0deb »

Thank you very much for the reply and explanation , Pascal!
This will speed up the correction/clean-up process a bunch.

73 de John KC0DEB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi John et. al.

I think Pascal has explained already about how to change the country allocations.

Although it will not help you at this stage - I do really appreciate any erronous Callsign reported to me, so that I can adjust the Prefix database accordingly for everyones benefit.

I try to keep the Winlog32 prefix database up to date and in line with the one at Club Log, in fact, I integrerate their Callsign exception list with my own independent listings, I release a prefix update every month or so, and the latest update sould alwasys be downloaded and used.
It is good practice to run the Log Check Robot through the log with all LCR options disabled, this will check and update your log against the latest prefix/call exceptions listings available.

There will always be some discrepancies and disagreements I guess, but it is getting a very difficult and time-consuming task to keep up with Callsign exceptions appearing nowadays, prefix allocations are much more relaxed and the prefix and even callsign can not always be relied on determine the DXCC entity, take for example recent GR series for the UK stations.
Many call exceptions are date dependent, especially those from the U.S. e.g. KH6 operationg from mainland, it not always easy to find start/end dates of some operations and some input from users is always useful when errors are found, this benefits us all in the end.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author