bunch of code 0

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
kc5zfz
New user

bunch of code 0

Post by kc5zfz »

Every QSO not verified through a LOTW QSL seems to have a code of 0, this doesn't seem right. So under the Log maintenance, it suggests to run LCR with all options disabled to update the code field, but this does not update the code field for me. Whenever I process a new LOTW logfile, at every entry it tells me ....
"
LOTW entry for K#XXX indicates entity United States (291)
This is different from the QSO currently in the log...
Where K#XXX= (0)
Do you wish to change to K#XXX=United States (291)
"

I don't remember it doing this before. I had a computer crash last month and had to reinstall everything including the log from eqsl. I understand why the code would be 0 for all these eqsl backup QSOs (no signal report in), but I don't understand why it continues to do this with fully valid recent QSOs. I'm sure I'm just missing a option somewhere.

screenshot of a bunch of code 0's from recent QSOs

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
James
G0CUZ
Site Admin

bunch of code 0

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi James

Check that you have the menu/database/Prefix Auto-check enabled and run the LCR with all it's own options Disabled.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
kc5zfz
New user

bunch of code 0

Post by kc5zfz »

Thanks, that did the trick!
dh7ku
New user

Re: bunch of code 0

Post by dh7ku »

G0CUZ wrote: Wed May 25, 2011 1:24 pm Hi James

Check that you have the menu/database/Prefix Auto-check enabled and run the LCR with all it's own options Disabled.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
Dear Colin,

would it be possible to implement the parsing of the country code (or DXCC entity name) during ADIF import?
Other logging software do that, Winlog32 needs an extra LCR run, which is sometimes forgotten and causes some troubles. E.g. if the country code in Winlog32 was wrong or missing than it changes to the wrong one and you begin to correct again the already right country code, which is annoying in the long term. I know, you could parse only the new added QSO data, but if you missed the last old QSO you may reparse the old data as well and some CTY codes might get wrong again.

If you wish I could prepare my list that might be included in the Prefix template database that others would profit from this information as well.

Best 73 de Csaba, DH7KU
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Csaba

Thanks for the suggestion.

It would be possible to add the DXCC code during import, it would extend the import time somewhat, and I guess that it would only be required where entity (tag DXCC) = 0, but not too much of a problem, but it would still not update the DXCC database, I think that is best done with the LCR as some people would not require it and adds a extra layer of complexity as well as processing time.

It would not correct any DXCC codes already in the ADIF file though (whereas the Log Check Robot would)

The prefix database is now based on data supplied by Club Log which is the most accurate data available, if there are any code errors generated Winlog32, I would be interested in any you have found so I can investigate, it is possible to check each existing against Club Log from within Winlog32, if you wish.
There are some Countries that even Club Log can not verify due to the behaviour of certain callsigns e.g. a single callsign used simultaneously from different entities.

Drop me a direct email with any errors/corrections to the Prefix database if you wish so I can check them out, I need date, UTC and Callsign for this.

73 Colin, G0CUZ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

I've now added the function to add DXCC entity codes when missing from ADIF file.

Will be in the next release, but no planned release at the moment.

73 Colin, G0CUZ