North Korea disappeared after update

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi all,

after running the DXCC update procedure I used the "verify data" and after checking the country validality I did not find P5 "North Korea" in the database anymore. Playing around I found the QSO records in the list of missing entities. This seems strange to me as there are normally no QSOs to be displayed at all. Any idea how to solve this issue? I also tried it with a new installation of WL32 but the same story again.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
www.qslnet.de/dl4kg
www.mydarc.de/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0BLB
Keen user

Post by G0BLB »

Hi Gerald,
I have the same problem My contacts with N/Korea in 1986 are not showing in DXCC but I have the QSO in the required entites I have tried to reload but no luck may be a bug.
73 Rich
G0BLB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Sorry for trouble guys

There was for a long time a confusion over correct entity code for North Korea - a discrepancy in the original ADIF spec started the problem, I have now updated the DXCC database with what is now the current thinking, correct code for DPRK = 344, unfortunately I also overlooked updating the Prefix database to reflect this change (although this did not cause the problem).

First, download latest prefix update.

In DXCC Database - right side worked list - query = ALL, correct country code for "North Korea" or "DPR or Korea" to 344 in any QSO (N.B. "Republic of Korea" is South Korea - no change).

This should now be corrected?

As I am still awaiting my first DPRK QSO I never spotted this one!

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Colin,

this advice worked perfectly. Your support is always great.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg
www.qslnet.de/dl4kg
www.mydarc.de/dl4kg
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
G0BLB
Keen user

Post by G0BLB »

Hi Colin
Thank you for the DXCC up date that works fine.
But I still have a problem when I go to green tab wanted in DXCC it tells me zero when I know I require 4 with all band up, all individual bands ie 40 20 in wanted work fine except 21 and that says zero how can get this back on track I have tried reloading any help please.
73 Rich G0BLB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Rich

If you know what the wanted countries are (you should!), then select that country from the list and check if any QSO has been incorrectly entered, if it has, then just delete the QSO from the worked list.

If that doesn't correct it, let me have details of what the countries are (email if you prefer) and I'll see if there is anything else it could be.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
G0BLB
Keen user

Post by G0BLB »

Hi Colin
Yes I checked against the countries that I require no QSO there to delete.
I wonder if I made a mistake tying to sort out N/Korea before you sent us the up date .
Required Amsterdam & St Paul FT2Z Auckland & Campbell ZL9
Heard Is VK0H and Central Kiribati T31 there is a dxpedition next April T31A so hopefully a chance.
I have a back up on my second computer but of course I have the same problem there because I copy over nightly .
73 Rich G0BLB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Rich

Could you zip and send me the DXCC.MDB file as an attachment, I'll try and sort it out for you.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author