ADIF export import

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
kc0deb
New user

ADIF export import

Post by kc0deb »

I am using Winlog32 on both my desktop and laptop. My desktop is my main PC, and the laptop I use when portable/mobile. What is the best way to import the logged contacts from one to the other? The problem I encounter when exporting ADIF from Winlog32 and importing into the other, is that the MODE and REMARKS do not get transferred. The mode is needed in order to upload to LoTW, and the remarks is where the Gridsquare info is ( I have logged a few hundred Q's on 6m,and going in to add the grids again is not what I had in mind hihi)

Any help and or Ideas are welcome!

73 John KC0DEB
pa0mjm

ADIF export import

Post by pa0mjm »

John,

Assuming that both PC's are in one homenetwork:
Go to the menu "file->Maintenance->file maintenance". Then you get a pop-up window. In the middle of that window you can find "Transfer files to another installation". There you can define the destination path of your other installation (somthing like: \\Maincomputer\f\Winlog32). Then tranfer Log and Databases by clicking the appropriate knobs.

gl es 73,
Martin, PA0MJM

Edited by - pa0mjm on 21/06/2010 09:58:41 AM

Edited by - pa0mjm on 21/06/2010 09:59:11 AM

Edited by - pa0mjm on 21/06/2010 10:02:19 AM

Edited by - pa0mjm on 21/06/2010 10:03:25 AM
kc0deb
New user

ADIF export import

Post by kc0deb »

Thanks Martin,

I should have thought of it myself...simple solution...

Bedankt Martin,

Dat had ik dus zelf moeten kunnen bedenken, erg simpel.

73 de John KC0DEB
G0CUZ
Site Admin

ADIF export import

Post by G0CUZ »

John
Regarding ADIF and 'Remarks', be sure to choose the correct ADIF export option:
"EXPORT LOG AS ADIF"
Some of the other ADIF exports are abridged e.g. LoTW and eQSL are both tailored for those services and not suitable to export to another Log program or back into Winlog32.

In any case do not use ADIF for back-up (many seem to be doing this for whatever reason)
Martin has put you on the right track with the 'Transfer Log' method and this will ensure you have am exact clone of your original setup and Log.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
pa0mjm

ADIF export import

Post by pa0mjm »

John,

Je Nederlands is verrassend èn perfect!

Your Dutch is a surprise and perfect..

Martin, PA0MJM
Vlasta
New user

ADIF export import

Post by Vlasta »

Hi John,
I mostly use the ADIF for transfer from one PC to the other and all works well incl. REM, USER and full freq. using FILE/EXPORT/LOG/ADIF.
73 Vlasta OK1FIM
ZS4JAN
New user

ADIF export import

Post by ZS4JAN »

Hello John

I,m also using my two computers as you are. The one laptop is permanently connected to the radios, and the other laptop is my portable. The laptop in the permanent position is my master logger, so all the logbook files is just copied to the other computer. The method that I'm using is very simple and the two logbooks will look the same, no matter how many users you,ve got in your logbook.

I suppose your WINLOG32 is safed in C-drive. Open this folder and just copy the LOG file on a flash memory. Now go to the other computer and simply paste this LOG file in the WINLOG32 folder. You will be prompted if you want to copy ALL. Click yes and you are done.

Jan...ZS4JAN