My User Database Is Available For Download

Post your general comments about Winlog32 here.
DK2PH
New user

Post by DK2PH »

"Jo , IF So ,Let me know please IF You Solved your problem ."

Eyran, all is working very well so far now, many tnx for Your kind help!
One thing I just found: I can only give in data for 1 award in the user field, otherwise it does not work. Is that correct?

73 Jo, DK2PH
4X4-2238
Keen user

Post by 4X4-2238 »

quote:
"Jo , IF So ,Let me know please IF You Solved your problem ."
Eyran, all is working very well so far now, many tnx for Your kind help!
One thing I just found: I can only give in data for 1 award in the user field, otherwise it does not work. Is that correct?
73 Jo, DK2PH

That's Correct Jo----For all User Field Databases , Known Issue.
The Solution is just ENTER One Data Then Press ENTER Key ---it will Updated in the Table , THEN---DELETE The last Data you Entered in the User Field and ENTER The other Data Award In the User Field , Press ENTER And the other will be Updated in it table too.....and so and so.....
That's The Idea ...

Capish ?

EYRAN
4X4-2238
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Guys.

Glad to see the interest in the 'User' database feature, I did the initial work on this a few years ago and it was considerable work!

In the mean time it did not generate too much interest - because of the work 'making' the databases involved I guess, so for this reason I did not expand this feature much further, now we have the mega file from Eyran, I guess I must return to the think-tank.

The issues need resolving:
Updating using the Log Check Robot so that previous entered QSO's can be added.
Some way to update the User database without loosing previously held QSO data.
Multiple parsing/checking for the User database from the User field.

All of these things will require a lot of thought and work, but if the interest is there then I will do it.

Originally - In the case of multiple checking, I presumed that a QSO would only count for one particular award interest - now maybe this is not so, like a Lighthouse on an Island in a DOK! hi

Please be patient, I am in my summer recess for programming, not much serious work gets done June/July/August because of many other interests here, but will resume all major work September onwards, and please realise that I like to spred my work over many different aspects of the software like the Interface/Cluster/Rig Control/Databases etc. and not just work on one small interest to the exclusion of others.
Meanwhile the little free time I do get must be used up for priority things like answering email, updating the Prefix database and making minor changes to the software.

While on the subject of the User database from Eyran and others, i think it would be a good idea if all individual award tables where "Allow checking" has been set to 'enabled', to be by default set to 'disabled', reasion being that some users of the User database may only be interested a few or maybe just one of the awards, each one that is 'enabled' will use up some resourse each time the user field is used for 'smart' checking as each award table in the database will be checked in turn when all are enabled!
If there are awards that you are NOT interested in then disable that award check.
To do this, open each one of the User awards and click on the toolbar 'options' button, and un-check the option 'Allow checking in this database table'.
So I think it will be better if the (any) User database is distributed with this option set to a default of 'disabled', then allow guys to 'enable' whichever is required.
This will be even more crucial when I have added multiple parsing in the user field.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
onl5923
New user

Post by onl5923 »

I have compiled a simple EUPSK area list available to those who want it.

Just let me know and I'll send it to you.

More info on this award series on www.srars.org.

My email: peter.destoop@telenet.be

73, de Peter, ONL5923/ON3WAB
4X4-2238
Keen user

Post by 4X4-2238 »

Hi Peter

I Would like to get that one , thanks in Advance !

a DCI Entries Update Gonn'a be Done Soon , for the User File i've created .
Once i'll get more free time for SWL Matters , i will Acomplish that and Upload it as an Updated User File .

EYRAN
4X4-2238
4X4-2238
Keen user

Post by 4X4-2238 »

Hello all

I am vy vy Busy with the RL and one Project i am leading at these Days , so i have not much time for Amateur Radio Related , except Contests and few Qso's here and there .

I Will Come back and will Update the User DataBase When all is Over , in Mid of October .

a DCI , RRA , RDA Entries Gonn'a be Updated .

Meanwhile Enjoy the Current File .

Rigards !

EYRAN
4X4-2238
M0MTD
New user

Post by M0MTD »

Hi Eyran

Firstly thanks for the database. Works very well for me.

Only problem i would like if possible.

Rather than have to enter data in the user field. Is it possible to have this work in the Remarks field. (All my other data is in remarks for IOTA etc).

Also noticed that it will allow only 1 entry. I have some with 2 entries eg. DCI AN-053 AN-056).

At the moment all i do is select one and hit enter, then i change it to the other. Both register in the database with succes but of course i have to have one in the user field and the other in the remarks field.

Sorry if this sounds confusing.

Again thanks and of course a big thanks to Colin for all his efforts.

Note: You guys n gals using the free version, it is worth buying & registering Winlog32. One of the best logging progs on the internet. Not only that, Colin provides excellent support.

Cheers
Tony
4X4-2238
Keen user

Post by 4X4-2238 »

Hi Tony

As far as i know ATM It will work only if you typo in the User Field and keep doing what you are for 2 Entries , that is the only soluton ATM , Until Colin will let these features be Available , if that intented to be in the Future .

To say the truth , in a mystery way i can tell you that sometimes i am getting that working when i am typing the data in the remarks field , but , again for now keep typo in the user field .
and i am second that : register Winlog32 ,those Maps are definately a great feature !

Enjoy , and Success on your Awards Chasing !

73 !

EYRAN
4X4-2238

Edited by - 4X4-2238 on 31/08/2006 11:10:38 AM
4X4-2238
Keen user

Post by 4X4-2238 »

Bump

EYRAN
4X4-2238
-----------------------