WinKey Question

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
M0PCB Iain
New user

WinKey Question

Post by M0PCB Iain »

One thing I can't seem to work out how to do is to get toe winkey wondow to open when I load Winlog... I'm guessing it's going to be something wuite simple I've overlooked...

Cheers,

Iain PCB

73, Iain M0PCB/M1ETJ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

WinKey Question

Post by G0CUZ »

Hi Iain

Thanks for that info.

I have just took charge of "Winkey 2" this has a dedicated VSP driver from the a USB port and works AOK, there are a lot of other improvements in WK2 but I am really busy at the moment and have not had chance to explore anything other than just check if WK2 is compatible with the original Winlog32 interface.
Fortunately K1EL has had the foresight to have WK2 backward compatible, so it will work without any changes, but to take advantage of some of the new features - the Winlog32 interface will need a fair bit of work, and I don't have time for that right now, of course I want Winlog32 to be compatible with both WK1 and WK2.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
M0PCB Iain
New user

WinKey Question

Post by M0PCB Iain »

It's been a while since this thread was active, but I have a further note to share.

After getting a little fed up of only having a working keyer with the PC booted up (it meant I missed a few good opportunities having had to rewire the keying for the rig) I decided to add teh 'external battery' mod for the WinKey.

basically now it's powered from the shack PSU, so works all the time. Now if you recall I am using a USB-Serial adapter, which always powered the keyer, but the Winlog32 interface wouldn't always respond to the keyer.

Now that I'm running the WinKey from a 12V PSU the winlog winkey interface comes up and interacts with the keyer 100% of the times I've tried it. Goes to show that USB to serial adapters aren't always 100%, though my curret one is better than others I've used.

Anyway, thought that may have been of help to someone.

Cheers Colin, keep up the good work. :-)

73, Iain M0PCB/AD5XI

73, Iain M0PCB/M1ETJ
G0CUZ
Site Admin

WinKey Question

Post by G0CUZ »

HI Iain

Thanks for all your invaluable input on the Winkey topic, I must admit I have still not worked on the Winkey interface, progress is slow on Winlog32 and will be so for a couple of more months due to other comitmets out side of the shack.

Anyway our experiments have really shed some light on the ongoing problem with Virtual Serial Ports and Winlog32.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author