DXCC QSL Confirmed from Deleted Countries

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
VE3QN
New user

Post by VE3QN »

This is as much a question about DXCC as it is about Winlog32.

I have a log entry from 1991 with OK1HA which WinLog32 correctly logged as a contact with Czechslovakia. I also have worked OK2AOP in 2002 which Winlog32 recorded as a contact with the Czech Republic. It appears (am I correct?) that the 2002 contact counted for DXCC but not the 1991 contact which is fine since Czechslovakia is on the deleted DXCC list.

My only confirmation, however, is the earlier contact. Winlog32 doesn't count it as a confirmation from the Czech Republic (even though OK1HA is in Prague).

Is this how the program is supposed to work and is this how DXCC works?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan VE3QN
G0CUZ
Site Admin

Post by G0CUZ »

Hello Bryan

I am no expert on the rules of the DXCC, but as I understand it, only the current DXCC entities count for the award, however there may be instances where deleted Countries could still count in place of a current entitity where it shares the same Geograhical location and the newer entity has not been worked.

Maybe there will be someone on the Forum, who can expand or explain the situation better, I guess reading through the ARRL's DXCC rules would be the answer anyway - something I confess I haven't done.

Winlog32 does not 'total' the DXCC Deleted entities with the current 'worked' entities, however it does record them in the DXCC database where appropriate and they can be queried there.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author
VE3QN
New user

Post by VE3QN »

Thanks Colin,

Thank you once again for taking the trouble to answer one of my queries.

Your answer together with my own thinking through the DXCC issue has left me satisfied that I understand how Winlog32 and DXCC work.

I suppose - in a pinch - if I needed the Czech Republic for DXCC, I could argue my case with the Czechslovakia card. Not likely: I've since worked the Czech Republic again and am arranging to exchange QSL's with the operator.

Thank you again and may I say how much I am enjoying Winlog32.

Best Regards,

Bryan VE3QN

quote:
Hello Bryan

I am no expert on the rules of the DXCC, but as I understand it, only the current DXCC entities count for the award, however there may be instances where deleted Countries could still count in place of a current entitity where it shares the same Geograhical location and the newer entity has not been worked.

Maybe there will be someone on the Forum, who can expand or explain the situation better, I guess reading through the ARRL's DXCC rules would be the answer anyway - something I confess I haven't done.

Winlog32 does not 'total' the DXCC Deleted entities with the current 'worked' entities, however it does record them in the DXCC database where appropriate and they can be queried there.

73 Colin G0CUZ
Winlog32 Author