Log Entries

You may post here if you are having problems with Winlog32 that others may be able to help you with. You may also report bugs so that the author may act upon them.
VE3QN
New user

Log Entries

Post by VE3QN »

I'm a new Winlog user so the answer to the following may be obvious but not to me - yet!

How do I enter a new contact such that my DXCC statistics, e.g., "Worked", "Confirmed", etc., are updated?

It seems that unless I put "B", "D" or "E" in the "QSL In" box I don't get prompted for New DXCC country/band, etc., nor are my stats updated; yet, if I put any of these letters in the box, the Country is shown as confirmed.

How do I simply record a new contact and let the database updated my "Worked" statistics? And then, is it as simple as editing the info when I receive a QSL?

Thanks in advance.

Bryan VE3QN
DL4KG
Bit of a boffin

Log Entries

Post by DL4KG »

Hi Bryan,

first of all you have to check the 'auto check' funtion in the database menue. This can be found in every database, e. g. DXCC, VHF locator, IOTA ...
Do not forget to hit the enter key after every information you type into the QSO entry boxes. Your databases will updated every time you hit the enter key in the remarks box.
If you have QSOs which are not in the database, mark the first missing QSO in the log page and activate the 'log check robot' in the tools menue. Don´t forget to check the auto box. Then press start in the log check robot and Winlog will do the rest.

73 de Gerald - DL4KG

www.qsl.net/dl4kg

Edited by - dl4kg on 06/02/2004 7:52:33 PM
73 de Gerald - DL4KG
VE3QN
New user

Log Entries

Post by VE3QN »

Gerald,

Thank you for replying to my post so promptly.

Seems to be working OK now.

73 de Bryan VE3QN